Thread: Can't view file using Adobe Reader

Can't view file using Adobe Reader

I am not getting what is the problem with these files or ny windows components which is occurring any internal issues to view the file that was sent to me via the email message because I continuously getting an error that says something as "Adobe Reader can't view the file because it is either not a supported file type or because the file was damaged".

Can somebody here help me ? What's your idea about this issue ? Any answer which can be helpful would be much appreciated.

Re: Can't view file using Adobe Reader

This is hard to say without looking the file but there are two most common causes are one . You are trying to open the file which is not actually a PDF document . The file has been damaged during an email transaction and can't be readable anymore.

For the first, you have to open in the absolute aplication. For the second , you would require to resend the file to you.Just to be sure that it will be open, it may be wise to have them compressed the file first then you can extarct this on your machine and then can open it properly.

The newly released version of Acrobat or Adobe Reader may be well compatible with the operating system and applicable drivers. Before, you have already installed an update or upgrade,just be sure that the system is matching with the requirements.

You need to go for the update then you should check the Adobe website at www.adobe.com/support/downloads. You can request for the upgrades and buy that from Adobe Authorized Resellers by surfing on the Adobe website .

Adobe doesn't have compatibility with more than one versions of Acrobat on the same machine . Because Acrobat and Reader work with several products, there are so many versions simultaneously installed can lead to software conflicts and the errors. This is possible that this key is destroyed , is indicating to an obsolete version of Acrobat or Reader or is indicating to a third-party PDF viewer....
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

You should go through this steps and I am sure it will be helpful for you to save your system , attacks for such type of issues.

1. Click on the Start menu => choose Run, type regedit in the run box and then click on the OK button .
    2. Take the back up of your recent Registry file: From the Registry Editor dialog box, select File > Export.
    3. Type the name for the file and select the path specified.
    4. For Export Range,select All.
    5. Click on the Save to commit the changes .
    6. Expand the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AcroExch.Document.
    7. Right-click on the AcroExch.Document and choose Delete; be sure that you are running with the proper key, and click Yes on any prompts.
    8. Make a right-click on the AcroExch.Document.7 and choose Delete; be sure that you have the absolute key, and click Yes on the suggested prompts.