Thread: Booklet printing in InDesign

Booklet printing in InDesign

Hi all, I have recently installed the CS5 for the Mac and Acrobat 9 also installed with that . When I move to work with the InDesign CS3 then I can be able to use and also create the PDF files with the help of following procedure : "File>Print Booklet," but currently , using Acrobat 9, I can't be able to do the same ... someone here can help me out from this very issue..

Re: Booklet printing in InDesign

I am running with a complete installation of CS4 as well as in addition of the trial version of CS5 installed. I have tried printing of 4 pages of a booklet with the help of Print Booklet in both of the versions suggested as CS4 and CS5 and all that printed were 2 out of all the 4 pages. The menu option is still tagged there but apparently printing to PDF does not work as I wanted to go for ?

I am also working on mac system and installed but have little bit different as Isiah have. I am getting difficulties in the page maker but searching for the same functionality: Booklet printing ... Does somebody here are aware about some simple methods through which I can be able to print the booklet as you could in PageMaker? You know the half sheet size ? 8.5 x 11 page folded in half?

Thanks...

Designer of my team has designed a 26 page booklet (pages 5.5 x 8.5 size) I am not getting any way through that I can explain to set the file up to print so this would be bookable. I found it as a PDF that prints cover, 1,2...back cover, not bookable.

I can take this all to Kinkos and they can improve it as bookable. I refuse to believe that I have to move to Kinkos to perform this. The software mostly contains some of the places that you require to tell this what to output to get the output I desire, cover page, # pages, horz, vert, left, right, odd, even who are sure about this ...but if you could suggest me what to have our designer do that would be really appreciated by my all team.

Unfortunately, I have some idea that would be really helpful for you to solve this issue. Only one method according to me that can accomplish this job but you know it's not a standard feature of indesign. There is a plugin known as inbooklet , can impose pages from a individual InDesign document with the proper control over margins, gaps, bleed, creep, and crossover traps. When printing through the direct way like any output device or printer, InBooklet will not arrange all that again or shuffle the pages in a document ..
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly