Thread: Why won't Adobe Reader 9.3.1 Install Error 1402

Why won't Adobe Reader 9.3.1 Install Error 1402

I was trying to install the Adobe Reader 9.3.1. But i am not able to get this installed on my desktop. I have been using the adobe reader application with my system which was installed with windows XP without any such failures. so Why won't Adobe Reader 9.3.1 Install? Error 1402. Any help would be appreciate in this matter.

Re: Why won't Adobe Reader 9.3.1 Install Error 1402

If you are having problems installing the Adobe Reader, then install Foxit Reader. which is available in the in the download area. this application is also Lighter, faster, it has the same features and even some more. It allows you to edit all the PDFs which you have on your desktop, Adobe Reader what does not.

Follow the steps which are mentioned below in order to install this application on your system.
    1. Start-execute-in open, type: regedit
    2. search in the registry key mentioned in the error, right click on the selected key, select the "Permissions", then "add" in "object type"
    3. type "system" and check "Allow full control", you must have the same authorization for "administrator"

This experiment is performed to each key group reported on the error message that appears each time you try to install acrobat, there are 4 or 5 groups of key for which he will repeat the previous manip, ultimately, acrobat finally settled!

I have exactly the same problem to install Adobe Reader all versions. It was originally suggested to me that Google Pack update for Adobe Reader 7.0.8, but impossible to download. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything, but still the same problem. Note: In addition and deletion of programs, I also met a problem to uninstall Adobe Reader, an update of June 2006 included in Adobe Reader 7.0.8 was in reliable. Have you solved this problem without going through the hard way. In advance thank you