Thread: Fonts are missing in Adobe Reader 2.0

Fonts are missing in Adobe Reader 2.0

I have just installed an Adobe Reader 2.0 on my pocket PC and there is some kind of mistake when i go to the bullet points in my documents, It complains that font WingDings are missing even if i have installed the WingDings fonts on my Windows\Font directory. I am using windows xp on this pc.

Re: Fonts are missing in Adobe Reader 2.0

Even if you have installed the WingDings fonts on your pocket pc, There must be something have gone wrong while installing them because of which they have not installed on your pc properly and hence you are getting this error. I suggest you to install these fonts again on your pc and then check that is it working or not.

There is one way by which you can check it that the fonts which you have installed on your pocket pc are properly installed or not. Simply install the Microsoft Word and then try to use the fonts which you have just installed on your font directory of windows.
    If they are working in Word then they have installed without any problem.

Actually there is one rule which has not been mentioned anywhere, Actually if you use more than five or six bullets then when it comes to the mobile devices then it would not be showing that particular document properly.
    I would like to ask you that is there any bullets on the documents which you have open on your Adobe Reader.

I think it is a common problem with an adobe reader and i do not have any idea by which you can solve this problem. I know that the fonts which you have installed on your pocket pc would not be having any problem. I suggest you to try to use Find Font to replace it, Check the box to redefine styles when repalcing all.

If your Adobe Reader 2.0 is showing an error message about the missing WingDings fonts then i guess you should try selecting some other fonts which are similar to that. I have tried using the Wingdings Light Italic and then redefined styles. Now it can work with these fonts. You may tweak in between the Fonts too to solve your problem.