Thread: All my desktop icons are Adobe Reader icons can't access related files

All my desktop icons are Adobe Reader icons can't access related files

I have been using a desktop computer installed with windows 7. Recently i am shocked to see that all my desktop icons are changed to Adobe reader. Also the pdf files cannot be accessed have anyone faced such issues ever before . Please tell me how to get rid of this error. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: All my desktop icons are Adobe Reader icons can't access related files

This situation clearly indicates that your system is infected and hence you will have to install a suitable antivirus application which will also delete the viruses from your system. The virus may have corrupted the adobe programs present on your system and also the program may have been transformed to associate all the programs with itself.

Thanks for the reply as you have suggested one of my friend also suggested the same thing and hence i am looking forward to install a good antivirus application on my system so can you guide me which antivirus application would be good for my system. It would be better if you suggest a free Antivirus application.

A number of application will help you in this matter but i would suggest you to go for the Microsoft security essential. This application will definitely help you because i have personally used this application and it is running like a charm. It has been around 3 moths since i have installed the Microsoft Security Essential. Also it is available freely.

Use AntiVir Personal Edition or AVG Anti-Virus, avast! is an anti-virus software completely free for personal use. Equipped with a very friendly interface and original, this virus differs from its competitors by the fact that AntiVir did not need to re-download the program completely to update its virus database from the Internet.