Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-06-2010

Linux Gui problem on Adobe Reader 9

I had found that Adobe Reader has some gui based issue on Linux system. Is that true. If yes then what are the issue. I am having Ubuntu software on my laptop. I am using a open sources software for pdf file reading. But now I want to use Adobe Reader 9. I need some information on the support and feature that this one support. I think there will not so issue on the same of using this on Linux.
Old 26-06-2010

Re: Linux Gui problem on Adobe Reader 9

The famous document viewer Adobe PDF Adobe Reader has just been with a version 8. But this version is not recent there are later version also. I am using this on linux and I found this as the one of the most stable on. Linux users should be satisfied until a version 7 of the software. First of all the seventh version was limited to linux but now you can also use the eight one. But I am not sure about the 9th version.
Old 26-06-2010

The final version of the PDF reader Adobe Reader 7 for Linux is finally available. This final version only available on the officail site for download. At the moment you can download it and run the setup. To recall, Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.1 for Windows is also available on various version. The advent of Adobe Reader 7 Linux comes a few months after Adobe announced that it wanted to open OSS solutions.
Old 26-06-2010

Knowing that the greatest obstacle the spread of Linux is in fact the indifference shown by the players third tt is very good news. While waiting for the general public is rather to game publishers. I had too added the most newest version and the same work well. If adobe was similar for all their products like photoshop, encoreDVD, and Premiere it will also be great but this is not possible as they are commercial product.
Old 26-06-2010

It is important to see Adobe get involved especially for the pdf because the reading logs in linux is quite frankly will never stop. The management of the PDF correctly is more important for Linux porting games. That, conversely to what seems to be saying here is that although the games are progressing faster under Linux while working on the text is not taken so serious for the OCR or PDF which is not progressing.
Old 26-06-2010

Adobe has already released the new version of its software for reading PDF files which is Adobe Reader 9. This new version can now play video Flash, Shockwave and other media in addition to conventional PDF and without using any plugins. This new release is also supposed to load more quickly than version 8 especially when employed from a Web browser. I am using this on Mac but not sure about linux.
Old 27-06-2010

Adobe Reader has evolved with the times and now offers this new version of a new interface, new tools and especially a better flow and speed when opening PDF documents. Adobe Reader was known to be relatively slow, which was an open door for open source equivalent as Foxit PDF Reader . It is true that you can use some older version of the Adobe Reader.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,