Thread: Adobe Reader 9.3 Linux Segmentation Fault in PPKLite.api

Adobe Reader 9.3 Linux Segmentation Fault in PPKLite.api

In Adobe Reader 9.3 I am not able to open signed pdf files on my computer (64-bit Fedora 10 Linux, by means of 32-bit compatibility libraries installed). It collides by means of a segmentation responsibility several time one tries to open the following file: If I work or run on the gdb debugger on /opt/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/intellinux/bin/acroread, it demonstrates the segmentation responsibility occurring inside /opt/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/intellinux/plug_ins/PPKLite.api (additional than in view of the fact that the file is stripped, the entire it demonstrates is the binary offset of the segfault). I do have a coredump, although.

Re: Adobe Reader 9.3 Linux Segmentation Fault in PPKLite.api

If I eliminate the PPKLite.api file (or rename it to PPKLite.api.hide -- create a note of that chmod -x does not run, nor does renaming it to something else that tranquil ends in .api, dissimilar some workarounds I have seen on the web for comparable tribulations in earlier versions or descriptions of Adobe Reader), then Adobe Reader be able to open the file without crashing, apart from that without PPKLite it cannot authenticate its signature and so it displays the memorandum "This document facilitated comprehensive characteristics in Adobe Reader. The document has been changed in view of the fact that it was produced and utilize of extended characteristics is no longer obtainable. Please contact the author for the innovative version or description of this document". Which I assume is for the reason that the signature validation failed due to the deficiency of PPKLite so it things the document has been altered even although it has not been.

I detected the identical performance. This is a digital media, prevented by means of DRM, and legitimate until Jan. 21. The Adobe Reader comes to an end by means of segmentation responsibility in together cases. But this occurs merely on one apparatus, I tested this by means of more than a few Linux-distributions the entire 32-bit, similar to Ubuntu 8.10, 9.04, 9.10 ( 32 and 64 bit ) and 10.04 ( alpha ), OpenSuSE 11.1, Slackware 13.0, CentOS 5.4 and Knoppix 6.1 and 6.2. I tested this in addition by means of Adobe Reader 8.1.7, 9.2 and 9.3.

Immediately to create certain I am understanding you correctly: you are saying that, on the one apparatus you mentioned, you have tried working the entire the Linux distributions you scheduled (a number of 32-bit, several 64-bit) and the entire the Adobe Reader versions or descriptions you scheduled, and the segfault occurs on the entire those Linux distributions and on the entire the Adobe Reader versions or descriptions; but, on two additional apparatus by means of dissimilar hardware, Adobe Reader handles the files presently extremely well.

If so, that means it's almost certainly moreover a compiler problem that manifests itself merely on a number of unambiguous processors, or a hardware arrangement inappropriateness. I have at present tested working the similar Adobe Reader binary, on the identical Linux allocation, on additional apparatus we have here by means of dissimilar processors thus we merely observe segfaults on the apparatus by means of the Athlon 7850's. These apparatus have encompassed "ASUS M4N78 PRO" motherboards which utilize the nVidia GeForce 8200 chipset. The additional apparatus the entire have dissimilar motherboards.

Yes, on the one apparatus by means of the tribulations I tested the entire the Linux-distributions by means of the dissimilar versions of Adobe Reader. I tried in addition dissimilar packages similar to .deb, .rpm or .bin. On this apparatus I work in addition Windows XP and Windows 7; they have no tribulations to open the files. The entire versions or descriptions of Adobe Reader by means of the entire Linux-distributions have segmentation faults.

The additional two apparatus are a number of years previous; I do not be familiar with accurately processor and motherboard. I tested several Linux-distributions and in addition some versions or descriptions of Adobe Reader, and the entire run extremely well. I in addition sent a support ticket to the manufacturer of the motherboard, ASRock. But in anticipation of at present no answer. On your file, I get a segfault collide when I work Adobe Reader on several of our apparatus by means of AMD 7850 processors. I observe the document properly displayed when I work Adobe Reader on several of our additional apparatus by means of dissimilar processors.