Thread: "Cannot use adobe reader to view PDF in web browser" - error in Windows 7 and Acrobat pro 8.1.7

"Cannot use adobe reader to view PDF in web browser" - error in Windows 7 and Acrobat pro 8.1.7

I "Cannot use adobe reader to view PDF in web browser". Actually, I am getting an error in Windows 7 and Acrobat pro 8.1.7. It says that the PDF cannot be viewed in the web browser and thus, adobe reader will exit not. It also tells to try again after restarting the browser. But, I keep getting the same problem again and again. I am not able to understand why this is happening. The browser that I am using is Internet Explorer 8.

Re: "Cannot use adobe reader to view PDF in web browser" - error in Windows 7 and Acrobat pro 8.1.7

If you cannot use adobe reader to view PDF in web browser, then there may be some problem with the particular browser that you are using. You have mentioned that you are using IE 8. So, i suggest you to change to any of the following browsers:
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • Opera 10

Try using the same and check out if the same problems are encountered with these browsers too or not. Just let me know about the same.

Re: "Cannot use adobe reader to view PDF in web browser" - error in Windows 7 and Acrobat pro 8.1.7

It is possible that you cannot use adobe reader to view PDF in web browser because there is an incompatibility problem between the operating system and the software. To assure the same, run the hardware and software evaluation wizard in your system. It will list all the softwares and applications in your system, according to the compatibilities and incompatibilities.

If the error in Windows 7 and Acrobat pro 8.1.7 that is caused by the adobe reader due to an incompatibility problem, then you just have to download the compatibility tool for this particular software. Install the tool in your system before the software is installed. I have used the same technique to eradicate all the incompatibility problems in my system. So, your situation will be solved for sure.

You can solve the incompatibility issue of adobe reader with Windows 7 with the help of the compatibility mode. You have to use the option for troubleshoot compatibility for this purpose. It is available when you right-click on the icon of this particular software or application. It will be better if you use the recommended settings that are provided there.

It seems that there is a conflict between the browser and adobe reader. I have come to know this because I have switched to Mozilla Firefox and I am not facing any of the problems as before. I am very grateful to you guys for providing me these suggestions to get rid of the error in Windows 7 and Acrobat pro 8.1.7. I hope that I will get the same help in the future for any queries.