Thread: Type 1 fonts are not visible on Adobe CS3

Type 1 fonts are not visible on Adobe CS3

I have installed windows 7 operating system on my Lenovo ThinkPad W500 and there is a problem with the Type 1 fonts in an Adobe CS3 application on this machine. I have used an Afm2pfm to create the missing .pfm files. Can anybody tell me where could be the problem for this issue?

Re: Type 1 fonts are not visible on Adobe CS3

It might happen that the type 1 font which you wish to have on your Adobe CS3 application have not installed on your Lenovo machine properly. As having the type 1 font is not a big deal and it rarely happens that there is something wrong in an Adobe because of which it is not able to display the Type 1 fonts.

I have an idea for you by which you can check that Type 1 fonts are properly installed on your computer or not. Actually Microsoft Office is the best way to check this. I suggest you to try to use this fonts on Microsoft Word and if they are working then it means that Type 1 Fonts are installed properly. In InDesign, are you sure the fonts are not in the bottom of the font menu list or something?

Even i am having the same issue with my Adobe CS3 as Type 1 fonts are not working on it. I do not know where it is going wrong but i am sure that all the settings are okay and these Type 1 fonts are working with the word pad so it is for sure that these fonts are installed properly on my machine. If you're still having problems you can put the fonts directly in a folder named "Fonts" inside InDesign or Illustrator folders.

Actually this is very much famous bug in the CS3 applications that Type 1 fonts are not supported by it but that is not the case with the CS4. It would not be showing on CS3 even if you have added installed them in standard Windows font directory and this happens on both Windows Vista 64-bit as well as on Windows 7 64-bit versions.

This problem is common with the CS3 version which you can easily solve out by upgrading to it by installing CS4 or they might be releasing the CS5 sooner in which this problem would not be there.
    Or an another solution which i can give you is that an install a copy of the .PFB and .PFM files in the private font directory of the CS3 applications.