Thread: Some fields appers blank in Adobe form

Some fields appers blank in Adobe form

I have installed an Adobe reader 8.0 and i am facing bit crazy problem as there are few fields blank on an Adobe form while viewing with Adobe reader 8.0. I have created an adobe form with the help of Livecycle Designer. What could be the problem over here as i my mind have got blanked now.

Re: Some fields appers blank in Adobe form

I think you should try to use the following code which might solve your problem and if not then at least it would be giving the proper message to the user.
    Code:
    if (Form1.Page1.SubForm1.CustomerName.RawValue.length == 0) then
    {
    xfa.host.messageBox ("Please fill this field",1,0);
    }

It might happen that you have not set the visibility of the fields while adding them on the form on which these all fields are not shown, I mean they have shown as a blank. I would be suggesting you to check the properties of those all fields. There might be some kind of difference according me for the conventions of an adobe settings but i guess you can understand what i meant to say.

I think you have made a simple mistake while making the form. Actually you should select for the form preview type is as dynamic and then do not forget to save that form as a dynamic form. This is the very much common issue for getting the black fields on the form. I think you should check for the same with the form which you have created.

I would be recommending you to check that is designer REPORT tool is showing you any kind of an exceptions when you try to validate your form. There are many more reasons by which the fields of your form does not displayed or it has been displayed but they would be blank.

Yes there is no doubt that there could be anything behind an issue which you have mentioned here. I think you should try running this form in an Adobe Acrobat where you would be having the debugger. You just have to open this form in an acrobat and then press CTRL+J and then check that is there any kind of script failure?

According me to me you have to put your script in the change event of the save button. Dont specify the fields as required during building the form.
    Button Save : onChange Event .
    if (this.rawValue == true)
    { Form2.Page2.SubForm2.TextField2.mandatory= "error";
    }
    else
    { Form2.Page2.SubForm2.TextField2.validate.nullTest = "disabled";
    }
    And for adding an alert you can use app.alert but this should be in the change event after executing the validate test.

Using Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES2 software, you can create form and document templates that combine high-fidelity dynamic presentation with sophisticated XML data handling. Documents and forms adjust when merged with data to accommodate the content and volume by including or excluding design elements, growing to create space, and paginating automatically.