Thread: Adobe Drive CS4 does not connect to Version Cue Server on localhost

Adobe Drive CS4 does not connect to Version Cue Server on localhost

I have installed Mac G5 PPC Leopard and it has a support of 4 Gb. I am trying to connect my Version Cue server CS4 by using the Bridge and even i have installed an updates for the same. And if i try to connect manually via local host then it is showing OK but nothing happens further to that.

Re: Adobe Drive CS4 does not connect to Version Cue Server on localhost

I would recommend you to go to the Bridge and then go to the Startup Scripts section. Here you have to enable an "Adobe Version Cue CS4" script and then restart Bridge. Now the script will be running and i guess it will be connecting to the server as well. In order to connect with the server you may use the context menu on the Desktop as well which will be starting Drive.

I have tried it by activating the Startup Script but it did not worked so i do not think there is a problem with an Adobe Drive. When i try to connect then i did not got any chance to see the server in the drive windows. And even connecting it manually also does not works. Even i have tried it by fixing an IP but that too did not solved my problem.

This seems to be bit uncommon issue as i have never seen that it does not gets connected even if you do it manually. I suggest try to connect from some other machine as there might be some issue with the drive itself.
    This kind of issue could also happen because of the Firewall on your system.I would like to ask you that have you used the CS4 pre-release software.

Normally an Adobe Drive can run on G4, G5 as well as on an IntelMacs. I have just ran an Adobe Drive some days before on my iBook G4 933 and it was working without any problem. I guess there would be something with the connection on your G5. And if you have zipped the CS4ServiceManager folder then have you deleted it after doing so? Go to the system preferences > security on Leopard and select for No Firewall settings.

I have seen the same problem on my which has been solved out by deleting the log files of my database. There could be the database problem in your case as well. I suggest you to go to the Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Version Cue CS4/Server/Logs and then delete it.