Thread: Adobe Presenter on Windows Mobile 6.1

Adobe Presenter on Windows Mobile 6.1

I have a Palm Treo Pro running Windows Mobile 6.1 and i have found that the Flash Lite 3.1 plug-in works on this mobile so i installed it. I am creating the CAB files by using an Adobe Mobile Packager application and when i tried to publish any PPT using an Adobe Presenter then it is not working. There is only white screen appearing and nothing going further. Can anybody tell me whether an Adobe Presenter can run on windows mobile 6.1 or not.

Re: Adobe Presenter on Windows Mobile 6.1

I have collected some information for your mobile phone and an Adobe Presenter from an official site of an Adobe itself. It's important to realize that devices come in two flavors: open and closed cell phones. Open devices allow you to create and load applications on the device. Closed devices do not. Open devices, for the most part, include Symbian, Windows Mobile and sometimes Linux. Some examples of open devices include the Nokia N95, N73, E62 and Palm Treo 700w (Windows Mobile).

I guess you must be going wrong somewhere as there is mentioned the Palm Treo mobile phone which can work for running an Adobe Presenter. It might happen that there is something missed while installing this application on your phone. I suggest you to reinstall the whole application again on your mobile phone and then check that is it working for you or not.

I think an answer for your question is NO as i have just searched about an operating system installed on Palm Treo 700w which is a 5th version of Windows Mobile which has been supported for running an Adobe Presenter but as you have installed Windows Mobile 6.1 on your Palm Treo Pro which is not supportive for running this application. So i guess you have to downgrade your mobile's operating system.

It goes without saying that mobile developers need to use every available pixel for content displayed on small device screens. Additionally, some content will simply not work on some devices based on the resolution of the device, memory and processor requirements, and input device requirements (lack of a mouse).

There is one rule which has been not written anywhere so you must keep in mind that you should not use more than five or six bullets on a slide, specially when it is a PPT presentation. As if it is going to be opened on small screen device so these much bullets will be making the whole presentation unmatched with the whole file.