Thread: Incompatibility between Adobe CS4 and SSD

Incompatibility between Adobe CS4 and SSD

Hello,
    One of my friends has suggested me not to use the the SSD types of drives, because they do not perform well with adobe products, foe example the adobe cs slow downs once used with SSD. I can not find any help on this on internet. Is it that SSD is not compatible with adobe? Can you please clear my concept. Any more discussion on this topic is appreciate. Thank you.

Re: Incompatibility between Adobe CS4 and SSD

Despite the growing interest of companies for DSS, the recent arrival of Intel and Seagate provided that they are still far from replacing hard drives. For example, Adobe would indicate that its new Creative Suite could not be installed on "storage devices based on flash. This is very unfortunate that will not be supported.

Yes, it's a shame, but it is getting difficult to find between hardware and progress of those publishers. Finally when I say progress , I'm from the Dreamweaver version, CS3 and regresses on a lot of basic points. A bit like the Office suite few years ago. Ascending heavy with Ascending bugs or malfunctions.

This is indeed an important issue given the use of DSS is apparently not a priority in companies (questionable reliability over time). Hence, the question remains whether this "alert" is purely marketing with an underlying message like: do not count on us if you gun your SSD after intensive use of our suites, or rather on a finding regarding the performance of products that would not be improved on the DSS, which is not good for the image of adobe.

I'd be surprised that under the DSS is seen as a physical unit like any other, just as you can to install software on a USB key since it is identified as a logical unit in its own right. I think a really hard problem with the known risk for adobe to be faulted because of the method of managing its memory caches.

Flash memory with a limited amount of writing in relation to other system mechanic rom, probably because he can not really write about a conflict because it is the system itself that identifies the device and not software, they may have marked the "notes" to tell if your hard work after a flash ssd losing your data is your problem not ours. anyway the ssd are still at their beginning it's just that Adobe has no desire to take the trial for not having warned. the customer is stupid, we know have the customer.

It could be in the large number of entries made by the very greedy Adobe applications in their own buffer, which would shorten the lifespan of flash cells. If the information reported by our colleagues is confirmed, it would be a very bad sign for the future of SSDs in enterprise, where reliability is a key parameter.