Thread: Language Pack for Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.0

Language Pack for Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.0

Hey guys, i need some urgent help from you all guys... I have downloaded and installed Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.0 and as it is mentioned on the oficial site that it is available in 8 languages including Italian, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian,etc.. but not English. As per now, i have installed it in German language but want to change it in English.. I tried to search language pack but dint find.. Could you guys please give the download link for the same or is there any way to change the language to English, anyhow ? Thanks for all your helps.

Re: Language Pack for Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.0

Well, I was also in search of the couple of months ago but didn’t found any English language pack for the same. Fortunately I found a tip to change the language to English but it will work only if you have had installed from Acrobat Pro EFG installer. Follow these steps for the same:
    • Run the Acrobat application and go to Edit than Preferences.
    • Under Preferences panel click on International tab.
    • Here you need to change ‘Application Language’ to ‘Choose at application startup’.
    • Once done click OK.
    • Now restart Adobe Acrobat Professional.

You will now get the choice to choose the language at the start up. Just select English and you are done.

Hey guys thank for sharing this useful info.. Actually i was not installing it just because of the lack of English language.. Now as it is possible to get it in English with the above steps, i wold like to install the it on a Terminal Server. But before that i would like to know the recommended system requirements for Windows to make this application run properly. Could you guys please do the needful ? Please let me know the system requirements for the same.

Below are the system requirements for Acrobat 8.1 Professional on Windows:
    • Intel Pentium III processor or equivalent
    • Microsoft Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4; Windows Server 2003 (32-bit or 64-bit editions) with Service Pack 1; Windows XP Professional, Home, Tablet PC, or 64-bit Editions with Service Pack 2; or Windows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Ultimate, Business, or Enterprise (32-bit or 64-bit editions)
    • Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or 7
    • 256MB of RAM (512MB recommended)
    • 860MB of available hard-disk space; cache for optional installation files (recommended) requires an additional 460MB of hard-disk space
    • 1,024x768 screen resolution
    • CD-ROM drive, if installing from a CD
    • Internet or phone connection required for product activation