Thread: Flash Builder 4-Adobe Application Manager

Flash Builder 4-Adobe Application Manager

I have downloaded the trial version and it goes properly when installing the Flash builder, but everytime when I move to launch then it occurrs me the error as follows :

"Adobe Application Manager is needed to run this trial, Download the Adobe Application Manager from www.Adobe.com"...
    I have tried to find a lot about this to download but I am unable to get it properly. Can someone please suggest me something about this,if available then suggest me the link for the download ...
    Last edited by Kuan-yin; 25-06-2010 at 03:05 PM.

Re: Flash Builder 4-Adobe Application Manager

You need to try this and I assume that you have installed the Windows ..

• Find the Flash builder installer and locate the top level directory containing Setup.exe
    • Then after, open up the command prompt with "Run as administrator" mode
    • Move to the directory containing the setup.exe
    • Now, launch the Setup.exe --mode="silent" to repair the Adobe Application Manager.

If the issue is still going in the same way then share the logs %temp%/PDApp.log....

I am running with a Mac Pro running 10.5.8 and CS5 Design Premium. Currently, I figured out 3 new updates: Bridge 4.0.2, Camera Raw 6.1 and a Flash stuff. I launch the update with the help of Adobe Application Manager (AAM). It got failed on entire three. I have tried every method which I could find to re-install AAM including

1. Removing the PDApp folder within the OOBE
    2. Launchng the installer from a terminal window running in silent mode
    3. Running the actual installer

Launching the actual installer starts AAM, which then got crashed and when I launch that again , it search for updates and doesn't come back to dealing with the complete installation. I don't have any idea what should I do . I am unable to reinstall the CS5 or uninstall this. I am unable to update anything..

It means you have already tried to launch the Apple Disk tool to repair the grants and also tried a new user account to find out if it works from there. One more thing is that you have not configured the location of the default installation and double checked entire Suite content within the actual application directory on root level?

Although, I perform on 10.6.3 and I also have the CS5 Design Premium on a Mac Pro up and going without any issue with the Adobe Updater, it even displays an icon in the menu bar with the amount of updates at the top of the display to suggest you that there are updates.

You are right: I am unable to start the installer and uninstaller also for the suite. Both are rely on Adobe Application Manager and seems completely broken out . I have not yet worked with the log analysis which wileycoyote128 located me toward. This looks promising. I have also configured the settings for the permissions but didn't moved anything, tried separate accounts. I have this on my laptop that is 10.6.3 where it all performs well ; the issue is that the system is a 1-year-old Mac Pro working on 10.5.8.

My ultimate retreat is to move back to a CCC clone that I have created for the system before I pointed for the CS5 and reinstalled the components. I have installed since then that seems just as an unproductive alternative.

It will delete out the CS5 suite and should make you capable to install the suite once and currently with a absolute working AAM.

To make sure just take a back up of your actions, brushes, utilities , workspaces, keywords(but you already performed that I presume) and if you cached a number of files in Bridge also the cache for Bridge. ( CS5 is again caching files in Bridge quicker then CS4 so not a big issue in this scenario). Indeed reinstall from CCC is painstaking and should not be required when executing this small and clean script

You are running with the same issue that I have before. There are two central actors in this problem. As before some members suggested you fine on De-activate Question is YES/NO to AAM. Go through the suggested procedure that I used to solve this issue :

1) Deactivate and then Uninstall. Run the provided clean-up script**. Restart the machine and then perform the re-installation of the same. If you have entered the product key and that is working fine, you are fine.
    AAM not working ?

2) Backtrack on the link I left previously. Look it over. If that would be helpful for you then follow this suggested . Try firing the clean-up script. Make a Restart and perform the re-installation.