Thread: Updater Adobe Bridge CS5 4.0.2 fails to install

Updater Adobe Bridge CS5 4.0.2 fails to install

I have a Adobe Bridge CS5 installed on my computer. The application works great and I am really enjoying it. Lately I am getting system messages that the Adobe Bridge CS5 needs to be upgraded. The problem is that whenever I try to update the Adobe Bridge CS5, the Adobe installer gives error message saying cannot connect to the remote server. I am not able to figure out what is causing such problem and hence need your help. So if anybody here knows why the updater fails to install Adobe Bridge CS5 4.0.2 on the computer, then please share some information. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Updater Adobe Bridge CS5 4.0.2 fails to install

I am facing the same problem while updating the Adobe Bridge CS5 on by computer. The updater shows that the application has to be updated but when the update procedure is initialized, it fails and gives the error message saying "Cannot connect to the remote server". I need to update the application as some features of the earlier version are not working. Kindly suggest solutions if any.

As the Adobe updater is not able to access the remote servers, I will suggest that you check the installation of the application. It is possible that the installed version is having some problems and hence it is not getting updated. Uninstall the application from the computer and delete all the files/keys related to the application from the computer. Once all the traces are removed, reinstall the application and try to update it.

Is there any security software installed on the computer? If yes then it could be the reason for your problem. All the security software's block the unknown traffic generated on the computer. Sometimes due to this tendency, some of the user desired traffic is also blocked and will give rise to problems which are similar to yours. To solve such problems, you will have to disable the firewall installed on the computer. Try to update the application after disabling the firewall on the system. Hope it works.

I am afraid both the solutions did not work. I completely removed the application from the computer and then reinstalled it again but still I was not able to update the application. Also I dont have a firewall installed as I am using Mac system. Is there any special method for getting application updated on the Mac system? Please help.

Try the following steps and see if the problem is solved.
    • Take a ISO file for CS5.
    • Mount ISO
    • Open the "Playloads" folder
    • Open the "AdobeBridge4-mul" folder
    • Located the "AdobeBridge4-mul.dmg" and mount it.
    • Open the "Asset1" folder
    • Copy "Adobe Bridge CS5.app" to Desktop.
    • Replace the app file with the app file of the installed version.
    • Try running Bridge CS5 and check if the application is working.