Thread: File format in Adobe Media Encoder

File format in Adobe Media Encoder

Hello,
    The little knowledge in creating video leads. In fact I have some shortcomings regarding the video compression. First I use software that allows me to export my video using Adobe Media Encoder tool. Any time during its use, I must choose what format and what method to use for encoding. The possibilities are numerous, and I'm lost completely. For information, I shot in 16:9 (720x576) camera with a Panasonic NV-GS320, 3.1 mega pixel, DV-PAL. I want to keep that obviously 16:9. The short film is a period of 5 min, and the weight should be around 4.5 GB because I need to burn it to DVD.

Re: File format in Adobe Media Encoder

If you want to keep the quality of DV and if it is to watch your movie on the PC should not go through Adobe Media Encoder to File> Export> Movie / sequence and export to Microsoft DV AVI. for 5 minutes you will have FCHI a little over 1 GB. If we want to put on your DVD player then you must export it to MPEG2 and then you go through Adobe Media Encoder to MPEG2 DVD with 720x576 pixels in eIMAGE rectangular l / h = 1.422. For more details go see Encoding and PPRO 2.0 or CS3 particularly Adobe MPEG Encoder PPRO by choosing grans screen 16:9 (1.422). For films exceeding one hour it is fine to use software to calculate the flow of encoding that allow you to take your movie to a DVD (about 4.5GB) there is such VideoCal available on Video Calculator Video , Calculator.

In the field of editing I have worked for 3 years with Windows Movie Maker but it is limited and the quality is not absolute, I went on CS3. So I began on this complex but excellent software and I have not done a bit of film but I see a huge problem specifically, in the encoding quality, as you see this video directly.

My work is therefore in simulation. I capture footage with FRAPS, then I go and I encode. However, it is impossible to find the output quality of the catch or with WMM or with CS3. The quality loss is very important and it is that I leave the film quality. And if possible, reducing the weight because it is frankly enormous. I catch 40GB for a movie that lasts just 15 minutes I have "cut the fat" and what may not be able to show everything I want ... The DV PAL but it makes it very well weighs 244 MB for a video of 1'11 "(and there is still a visible loss of quality ...), not need to say that no site only house a certain weight, at least not to my knowledge.

So my question would be divided into three sub-issues:
    1: Is it possible to get out of CS3 after assembling the same quality as in the screenshot FRAPS?
    2: Are there any software that can work directly on catches FRAPS without damaging them?
    3: is there a way to compress without losing quality?

Thank you for your reply.

I want to comment on video calculator the given version is not freeware and I have a question, can I import the sequence in the first pro video calculator or do we have to first export in a format, and through video calculator reexport from the sequence by taking into account the information given by video calculator?

Have you tried to encode in wmv? (720p or 1080p) The videos capture Screen are what resolution? Anyway, from the time you want upload your videos there, you must make concessions. If you want to keep a good precision in your pictures, then tries to encode with ProCoder 3 (since PPRO or other software using Frame server if necessary. For example, Procoder is much more precise (to me) in Mpeg2 (720x576) that encode the concept of first hand (at speed and file size). The picture is much clearer (clearer, less compressed appearance) I guess it must also be the case in other formats (including wmv)

I have concerns encoding with Adobe media encoder (first pro cs4). I have a project finished in 2 hours of HD 1920/1080. I divided my project into 5 parts making grinder because I saw it looked a bit big as a project. I manage to encode parts by cons, I have 3 parts or 4 pictures I post at the same time, the screen grid in 4 games and then it starts encoding but crashes quickly, it looks like he has evil. Well I do not know what I heard of drag drop or Procoder. Can someone enlighten me on this?

He commend is possible to go through another encoder other than adobe media encoder? In the more I try not even to put my project on support, just file, I switch on the PS3, that's all.