Thread: Adobe PDF Printer's printer driver for Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional

Adobe PDF Printer's printer driver for Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional

I had installed this one software known as Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional on my computer system for some past years and working well but overnight I got unable to use this or find Adobe PDF Printer or Acrobat Distiller printer. The PDF printer which I had for several years as the printer option just invisible and currently a Microsoft XPS Document Writer is followed on its place. If I move to convert to a PDF then I receive the following error message as :

"PDFMaker cannot locate Adobe PDF Printer's printer driver "-.Please re-install Adobe Acrobat 6.0
    But I lost my original disk of Adobe Acrobat 6.0. I have just installed the Acrobat Reader 8.0 and performed a the upgrade of Microsoft.. Can these be the cause of my issues ? Can someone suggest me where to get this so to be able to download the Adobe PDF Printer's printer driver or Acrobat Distiller printer?
    Last edited by Vigi; 25-06-2010 at 12:44 PM.

Re: Adobe PDF Printer's printer driver for Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional

You can solve the issue of your driver with the help of following suggested steps below ---

1. Open the location as "C:\Windows\inf" from the start menu and then run command .
    2. Locate the INFCACHE.1 file and make a right-click on that and choose Properties.
    3. From the INFCACHE.1 Properties window tab to the "Security" tab and click the "Edit" button to configure the permissions for this one file.
    4. On the Permissions for INFCACHE.1 window, click on the located "Add" button.
    5. On the Select Users or Groups window, click on the "Advanced" button.
    6. A newly Select Users or Groups window will be poped up and then after make a click on the "Find Now" button.
    7. The search would be present in the alphabetical order; Follow the username you logon to Windows with and then double-click.
    8. Within the "Enter the objects names to select..." you would get something just as YOURCOMPUTERNAME\Yourusername
    9. Then after click on the OK button to commit .
    10. You will now moved back to the Permissions for INFCACHE.1 window.
    11. Inside the Permissions for Yourusername you requires to check on the "Full Control" within the Allow column. Click the "Apply" button and then the "OK" button.
    12. You will get the a "Windows Security" window option thete to make some changes , just click on the "Yes" button to be continued.
    13. Remove the INFCACHE.1 file.
    14. Reboot your machine.

16. Locate the Help menu item and click Repair Acrobat Installation
    17. Restart if requested to do so.

I this, this is for very frustrating scenario : "PDFMaker cannot locate the Adobe PDF Printers printer driver." I performed the reinstallation of Adobe Acrobat 8.1 Professional so many times. I installed the Vista (64 bit).

So I moved with this procedure. However, I am unable to get past step where you have stated as "Delete the INFCACHE.1 file." Vista would not allow me to remove the files located . I supposedly don't have permission but I am the only user and the administrator. That step looks annoying . Why would I reconfigure the located file and then remove this ? Since, I couldn't delete INFCACHE.1, I just moved ahead with rebooting the machine then reinstalling Adobe Acrobat. This is a long procedure and it didn't make any difference. Can anybody provide me some more help?

I received the same message again and again as you know I am using Adobe Acrobat Professional 6.0 on Windows Vista Home Edition. The same error message is as follows :

PDFMaker cannot locate the Adobe PDF Printer's printer drivers. Please re-install Adobe Acrobat 6.0.
    My computer system already provided with the installation of Adobe Reader 8.0. I think, this is not causing a conflict. Will the similar guidelines which you have stated above and solve this issue too?

I went through the suggested procedure below but still there is no pdf printer. In fact, currently I don't have a infcache.1 file to delete here the story...

I have installed the CS3 with the Acrobat 8 pro but not the printer which I ran reinstall/repair but this does not touch Ac Pro 8 as this says that its already installed. I made the uninstallation of CS3 (tictoctictoc) commonly and uninstalled everything except Ac Pro 8 but it looks unusable, as it needs CS3 Apps (normal - so the setup awarer about its part of CS3 but would not uninstall it) I have reinstalled the CS3 but this states that Ac pro 8 is already installed. I can't try the suggested procedure above again as currently I don't have a infcache.1 file to remove .

TIA