Thread: Adobe Flash Player and HP Solution Center Problems

Adobe Flash Player and HP Solution Center Problems

Hello there, I have a HP laptop with Windows XP installed on it. Yesterday I tried to install the latest flash player on the laptop but after installation of the flash player, the HP solution center has stopped working on the computer. Whenever the HP solution is started on the computer, it gives a pop-up error. This all started after installation of Adobe flash player and hence I think it is responsible for it. So if any of you are facing some problems with Adobe Flash Player and HP Solution Center, then please suggest some solutions.

Re: Adobe Flash Player and HP Solution Center Problems

As the HP solution center is not working properly on the laptop, I will suggest that you uninstall the HP solution center from the computer and delete all the files/keys associated to it. After removing all the files from the computer, reinstall the application and see if it works. Hopefully Reinstalling the application will solve the problem.

Which browser are you using? I was facing the same problem with the Adobe flash player installed on my Mozilla firefox browser. After installation of the flash player on the browser, many of the applications did not work properly. For solving the solution, I had to remove the current installed version and then install an updated version of the browser. After installing the latest browser, the problem was solved.

To know if the problem is due to the Adobe Flash Player installed on the computer, uninstall the Adobe Flash Player from the computer and then see if the HP solution center is working properly. If after removing the Adobe Flash player if the HP solution center does not work, then the HP solution center is having some problems and not the Adobe Flash player.

Which version of Adobe Flash Player are you using? The versions of Adobe Flash players which were released earlier had some problems with it and hence some applications were not working properly after installation of the Adobe flash player RC copy. So if you are using a RC version of AFP, then remove it and install full version of Adobe Flash Player.

Yes installing the full version of Adobe flash player solved the problem. The installation of RC version of Adobe Flash player, used to overwrite the files of the HP solution center which lead to such problems. I removed the RC version of Adobe flash player and installed the full version of the Adobe flash player which solved the issue. Now both the applications are working properly on the computer.