Thread: Mac Adobe Reader 9 Opening PDFXML Problem

Mac Adobe Reader 9 Opening PDFXML Problem

I have recently installed the Adobe Reader and the Mars plugin into my Reader and when I move to open up the PDFXML file in adobe Reader then it started crashing on me, even though I have download the proper version of the Mars plugin and installed successfully also ..

Is there any serious causes for such issue ? The PDFXML Inspector of course has no issues at all opening the file but then again it is not trying to render the document , So that's to be expected. I am a newbie for Mac platform, but I am pretty sure that I have gotten this all installed properly...

Re: Mac Adobe Reader 9 Opening PDFXML Problem

Actually, The plugin that you have installed is not a proper choice and I think there is some bugs in the downloaded plugin. You need to go for the re-downloading of the same plugin with proper way. Your PDFXML file don't have any issue because it is opening properly in the PDFXML inspector. You have downloaded the wrong or incorrect plugin.. Just move on to the official site again and download the same named plugin properly..

I have installed the Adobe Reader and also committed the updates to version 9.2.0.124. When I try to open up any of the common Mars pdfxml files then I receives an error message as :

"This document could not be opened because the plug-in required to view PDFXML files is not available".
    I have checked the plugins screen within the Reader =>Help menu and the Mars pdfxml plug-in is no longer there. I have already tried to perform the reinstallation and it is running the pdfxml_p2_acrobat9plugin_091508.msi but that also not seems so feasible to open this file. Is this plugin not compatible for 9.2 or does the installer required to get updated as well?

I am trying to get a method to process the text content of PDF files within an AIR application. I always get failed to figure out the way to get the content of an existing PDF for processing this (commonly I need to search the text for particular regular expressions).

I was thiking that if I could use Mars to convert an already specified PDF into PDFXML that I could then process? Is it possible to do ? Can I do it all in-memory without running to write out the XML to disk temporarily? Any sugestion regarding the performance considerations of doing so?

I was just considering a little about how it could be performed but sometimes , I would say that it is not possible to do . Mars/PDFXML uses UCF for packaging the specified contents (UCF being a zip file with some preventions, but is still a completely conformant ZIP file) and we use another UCF reader within the PDFXML plug-in (it is an Adobe made UCF library). This library abstracts out how we retrieve the contents of the UCF package and how this would be managed on disk. It also facilitates byte serving negotiation for web pages. If you had a PDFXML file, according to me that accessing it via AIR/Flex would be much simpler than retrieveing the contents of a PDF file. But there is no any method available to automate this directly from a source PDF.