Thread: Disc overloaded - what to set diskio.write_queue_size?

Disc overloaded - what to set diskio.write_queue_size?

I am having an issue which i need to solve. Actually i am using the uTorrent application to download the torrent. Every time when i am downloading the more then 3 torrent i am getting disc overloaded error i.e. Read that it could help to Set diskio.write_queue_size to 2x -4x your maximum download speed. I am unable to understand the error. So please help me to sort out this issue.

Re: Disc overloaded - what to set diskio.write_queue_size?

I think that your disk buffer size is not having enough space to perform the operation which you are trying to make on the uTorrent. If you increase the size of the Disk buffer then you can get the more download at a time from the uTorrent. So increase the disk buffer and let me know whether it is working for you or not.

I think that there might be having some of the problem with the setting of the uTorrent. I will advise you to check for some setting in the same. Just confirm that Pre-allocate all files" is selected or not. Also check that the diskio.no_zero is enabled or not. If not the enable it and after that start downloading and see whether it is working or not.

I have tried all the setting that you have told me to do. I did what was given in the both the replies above but none of then is working for my issue. After making the setting that you have specified when i am downloading the same again i am getting the same error which i was getting before. So please let me what next i should go for.

As you are unable to get it working then let me tell you to use the Scandisk command and defrag the disk. To perform the Scandisk just follow the below given step.
    • Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk drive you want to check.
    • Click Properties, and then click Tools.
    • In Error-checking, click Check Now.

Sorry for the wrong question i have asked actually the problem was something different and i asked the wrong question but any ways thanks for all the help that you have given me. I have sorted out the issue by clearing the drive which is overloaded with the unusable file and the error is not appearing any more.