Thread: Adobe reader 9 plugin crashes

Adobe reader 9 plugin crashes

I have just upgraded my Adobe Reader 8 by Reader 9 and i have installed the PDF plugin on it. I am using a Mozilla Firefox 3 on my laptop and since i have enabled this plugin my browser gets crashed. I am using windows XP SP3.

Re: Adobe reader 9 plugin crashes

I have faced the same problem on my computer system which has windows vista installed on it. Actually as soon as i applied PDF plugin to my Adobe Reader 9 then it got crashed. I have tried it for several time but it is doing in the same way everytime. And even i was using the same plug in with my older version of an Adobe reader 8.

I think if you guys are using the same plug in with the newer version of an Adobe Reader 9 then it is but obvious that it would not be working with it. And because of the same reason your browser is getting crashed.
    I suggest you to install the same plug in for the latest version of adobe reader and then check that the same thing happens or not?
    Last edited by ThoMas321; 25-06-2010 at 07:15 AM.

There could be something wrong with the browser itself so i suggest you to use that plug in with some other browser such as Internet explorer and see that is this plug in is crashing that another browser or not. It might happen that it gets solved by doing so. But make sure that you have installed the latest version of Internet Explorer.

I have seen that this plug in does works with the google chrome so you may try to install this browser and then add this plug in to it.
    Once you have added this plug in then restart your google chrome.
    Now i guess this plug in should work on your computer and if it is not then you do not have any choice other then downgrading the version of your Adobe Reader.

I guess there would be something wrong with the browser which you have installed on your computer system as it might happen that version of browser would not be supporting for such plug ins. I suggest you to use some other browser and add this plug in to it and then check that browser crashes or not.