Thread: Acrobat 9 ADM file for group policy issue

Acrobat 9 ADM file for group policy issue

Some of my clients need help for group policies to configure Adobe Reader 9 and Adobe Acrobat 9. At first I tried to find out for the ADM file support but I could not found any of them. I had tried to set for settings and description on the officail site but does not found any. The group policy settings are not so easy to configure on the same. I need some help with this ADM files. What are they and for what they are used so that I can find out the same.

Re: Acrobat 9 ADM file for group policy issue

It is not possible to get the ADM files like that. You might need to contact adobe for that so that then can mail you the settings. Files whose extension is .adm serve as models and contain a description of the GPO which is Group Policy. They are located in the systemroot \ inf folder and they are also present in the systemroot \ system32 \ GroupPolicy \ Adm when a strategy has already been defined.

I had searched online there are no such settings provided. Either Adobe can provide you some help on that or else you will need to write your own settings for that. The ADM files contain firstly a description of the changes necessary to implement a strategy and other options for restrictions on values, default values, defining each parameter and the last versions of Windows that support dependent parameter.

It is correct that by AMD settings a administrator is still free to create its own models of governance to manage the components under its responsibility. These text files (ANSI: 1 character = 1 byte or Unicode: 1 character = 2 bytes) contain several sections, each section and subsection is identified by a keyword. So they are not easy find just like that. There you need some developers help.

Generally there are two to four files which are used in this section. The first is system.adm which is for Windows and then comes Inetres.adm which works for internet explorer. The other one is wuau.adm which is possibly for Windows Update and the last one is conf.adm possibly for NetMeeting. So that all are needed to create your own scripting for the same.

If you are going to write your own script then there are some rules of syntax which you must first observe. The lines of a file in .adm which are not case sensitive. An asterisk mark the beginning of a comment is maid so that everything is on the right is ignored. Also bank lines are ignored with unnecessary spaces. The variable name must not contain space and the line breaks in strings are replaced by the string \. Use the strings under quotation marks.

By default each script GPO has two option there where one is empty and the second which applies to the container controller. This is the GPO that will prohibit such users simply identify themselves as DC. Accounts on which the GPO applies must have Read and Apply permissions Strategy or be part of an appropriate group. There is a group Authenticated Users which has these permissions in the ACL the access list.