Thread: How does Skip Files Feature work in uTorrent?

How does Skip Files Feature work in uTorrent?

Hello there, I have been using Limewire for all these days but after facing lot of problems with it, I finally switched to uTorrent. I really like this application now but I am not aware of all the features of the application. I have heard that we can skip files which we dont want while downloading from a Torrent file uploaded with multiple files but dont know exactly how it works. So if anybody here can explain me how does the Skip Files Feature work in uTorrent, it would be really helpful. Any suggestions regarding the issue are more than welcome.

Re: How does Skip Files Feature work in uTorrent?

It is very easy to use the skip file feature on the uTorrent. Whenever any torrent with multiple files uploaded to it is loaded on uTorrent, it will display all the files which are included in the Torrent. For removing the file which are not be downloaded from the list, remove the check mark from opposite of the file and click on OK. The application will only download the files which you have selected.

By using the method above, you can skip the files only at the start of the torrent and hence if you forget to skip the files, all the files will be downloaded. Hence I will suggest that you edit the setting files of the uTorrent which will help in skipping the download of particular type of files permanently. You can add the type or the name of the file in the settings file to completely restrict the download of the file.

Yes the application really prompts when the torrent file contents more than one file uploaded to it. I was able to skip the download of the file which were unnecessary but I was not able to get the procedure setting files for skipping the download of files. Also how do I restrict the uTorrent from skipping the files while creating Torrent?

While creating the torrent files using uTorrent, you will have to open the settings file of the uTorrent and edit it for skipping a particular type of files from downloading or uploading. You will have to just add the name of the file which has to excluded from the torrent in the settings files. Once the name of the file is added, the torrent will skip the upload of the file.

Hey thanks for replying to the post. I dont want to skip a seperate file from the torrent but I want the entire type of files to be skipped. I dont want to add zip files to the torrent. So how do I add the entire file type to the skip list. Do I have to edit some system files for achieving this tasks. Please help.

In order to skip the entire file types from being downloaded, you will have to change the system files on the computer. Open the system files of the uTorrent and use wildcard to skip the type of files. * is the wildcard which can be used for skipping the files. If you want to skip multiple file types then use "|" for it. Hope it helps.