Thread: Adobe PDF virtual printer disappeared!

Adobe PDF virtual printer disappeared!

I lost the Adobe PDF virtual printer and suddenly I cannot create pdf files with Word 2007 that I installed and uninstalled Acrobat Pro 8 but I always find it (menu File> Print> choose the printer)? Would you know how I can recover? “Or anybody can explain why my Adobe PDF virtual printer disappeared.

Re: Adobe PDF virtual printer disappeared!

In Word 2007, and provided that the plugin is installed you "print" to PDF by going to "Save as" and choosing PDF or XPS and from there you will need to check the format select PDF in the contextual menu. I do not know Acrobat Pro 8, but on the 5th it was providing an option for choosing the custom installation to be provided with the printer (which was ignored in the default installation). I hope this will help you.

I am under Vista Ultimate RTM (6000), I work with Office 2007 Pro and Adobe Acrobat Pro 8, I have the PDF printer offered when I want to start printing. I am not having Office 2007, but if it is urgent (and if I understand correctly) you need a PDF printer. If the only function you are using is really important, then you can install free, such as PDF creator.

It is not native, but ad-on are provided, there are actually three SaveasPDF.exe, and SaveasXps.exe SaveasPdfandXps.exe at this address you will find the last (two sizes). You will also find the same thing with Microsoft Needless to say that this plugin (free) is essential for those who want the ease of working with the PDF or XPS.

I was also facing this problem and got the solution for this I just do the simplest and install the plugin SaveAsPDF and it works. The only thing I have no idea about that is there are differences between the pdf created by a particular program or they are exactly the same regardless of the program that created it?

The quality made is perfect with all the products found on the web. There is little, however, that certain products freeware file "their mark on the file created as nova PDF example, it is possible to avoid this difficulty by using PDF995, this software will only open one or the other page ad to be launched, it's not really disturbing, the display of these ads is quite short.

I Acrobat Adobe 8 at the time of installation, it had installed in the group "printer" a PDF printer. This printer has disappeared. I could the restore by reinstalling Adobe Acrobat, but the installation of Acrobat a side effect that bothers me too it prevents the operation of flash animations in PowerPoint slides. What to do for getting rid of this problem.