Thread: Force recheck does not find manually added files in uTorrent version 2.0

Force recheck does not find manually added files in uTorrent version 2.0

Please help in solving this small issue with uTorrent version 2.0, I was downloading from a Torrent file and completed almost of 94% of the file after which there were no seeds or peers available and hence the download did not continue. I searched for a similar torrent file which has the missing parts of the earlier file and hence loaded it. I deleted all the incomplete files of the previous torrent and started the new torrent file but when I perform a force recheck of the torrent, it only completes till 94% and does not go upto 100%. Ideally it should go till 100% and the download should complete but it is not happening and hence I need your help in solving the issue. Any help regarding this issue is more than welcome.

Re: Force recheck does not find manually added files in uTorrent version 2.0

There is no way in which it will work. The earlier torrent files must be having names of the files which are different to the names of the files which are being downloaded using the new file and hence the force recheck will not work. The only solution which I can see is to start the download of files from the new Torrent file and complete it.

May be the problem is with the version installed on the computer. During the updating process all the files of the application are not updated properly which may lead to the problems like this. Hence uninstall the current version of uTorrent and remove all the files associated to it. Download the latest version of uTorrent and install it. Load the torrent and force Recheck it. It should work now.

It is possible to continue the download using the new Torrent file. To continue the download using new torrent file, you will have to rename all the files of the new downloaded file as per the names of the previously downloaded file. Once all the names of the files are changed, Force recheck the torrent and then let the download begin. Also the name of the destination folder should also have the same name.

Yes renaming the files really helped in continuing the download from the new torrent file. Now the download of the file has started but the download speed is very low. Is there any more configuration required for getting a good download speed? How do I improve the download speed of the file on uTorrent?

Disable the firewall and all the security softwares installed on the computer. All the security softwares are configured to block all the unknown traffic on the computer. Due to this policy, sometimes the user defined traffic is also blocked and hence disabling the firewall or any security software installed will solve the problem.

Many of the ISP's limit the connection of torrents and hence the download speed is very low. Now a days the ISP's limit the download speed of the torrents to implement the fair usage policy and I will suggest that you contact the ISP and get confirmation about the ISP blocking the download speed.