Thread: When Listening port vs Proxy SOCKS port are used?

When Listening port vs Proxy SOCKS port are used?

I am having a query which is little confusing for me. Actually i wanted to know When Listening port vs Proxy SOCKS port are used? and how it is working. I am using the uTorrent and this one thing i am unable to sort out. What kind of the file the listening port is having and what is proxy port. Hope to get the solution of this question here. Thanks in advance.

Re: When Listening port vs Proxy SOCKS port are used?

The traffic which is coming from the site received by the Proxy which is the listening port. And as per my knowledge the uTorrent which you are using is having the Listening port and not any other port. I am having the only this much knowledge about this which i think is helpful for you. Hope this will help you.

Dr. V Guest

If you are unable to get the point of the listening port and Proxy port then let me tell you that there is some of the topic has been discussed on the Utorrent forum which is having the solution of your problem. You just go through the same and see whether you are getting the solution or not. Here is the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. V View Post
    If you are unable to get the point of the listening port and Proxy port then let me tell you that there is some of the topic has been discussed on the Utorrent forum which is having the solution of your problem. You just go through the same and see whether you are getting the solution or not. Here is the link.
    I have gone through the link which you have given for the help regrading my issue that i have asked and after going through let me tell you that it is really working for me. I have asked some more question regarding the same on uTorrent community and got the proper solution of it. Many thanks for helping me with the issue.