Thread: Magnet URI in utorrent

Magnet URI in utorrent

Hello,
    I would like to know that what is magnet URI and magnetic link in utorrent. I am using utorrent as my default torrent client. I would like to use magnetic link for torrent and about the magnet URI I really do not have any idea. So, if you guys can explain me some more details about this, it would be great. Thank you.

Re: Magnet URI in utorrent

A magnet link is a URI standard for Internet-hyperlinks that point to files. A magnet link contains (at least) a unique identification (hash value) of the target file (s) against which means of a (possibly remote) database / the location (s) of the linked file (s can be resolved). Magnet Links allow files to refer to some of this into consideration without the need to take, where they are stored or that the reference is invalid. They are particularly associated with peer-to-peer networks used. Magnet links are thus rather than URN instead of a URL to be considered, as they the place, but the contents do not qualify.

The magnet URI scheme is a draft ope standard define a URI scheme for magnet links, which are mainly used to reference resources available for download via peer-to-peer networks. Such a like typically identifies a file to by location. I guess I am correct here and this information helped you.

A major change is noted for the network and the popular Bittorrent tracker ThePirateBay. Indeed, the latter announced he was abandoning its tracker as it became obsolete. The rivers become (finally) decentralized. No need for third peers to locate a single file: a simple magnet link (file identification) via ThePirateBay or Mininova allows via the DHT protocol to find people who share the file. It only remains to integrate a search engine in utorrent or vuze bittorrent and will set up its own network.

I use Azureus for torrents, and my faith I am quite pleased. I upload files stored on an external hard drive, and I already spent some time to reconfigure the destination directory for each torrent completed. But then, I'll have to give my computer a few days, and I recovered another. I wonder if it is possible to export the list of these torrents from Azureus to Vuze to my current PC to my new PC. (Torrents + url + passkey with the destination directory) as we can do for contacts and mail with a mailer.

They just copy the software from the URI magnetic torrent (right click on the torrent) and go to paste it into other software via File - Add torrent from URL. This works very well.

Thank you for your answer, but what I meant by "manually enter my torrents" In fact, I would like to find a way to export all torrents at once. Now, I use the file saved by torrents Vuze (I changed, looking in the default options. To put them in my client, I do it slowly because he does not appreciate too much copy / drag a hundred streams at once.