Thread: Remove overhead speed from status bar

Remove overhead speed from status bar

I have installed windows 7 on my computer and i am using uTorrent 2 as a torrent client. There is an overhead speed displayed on my status bar which i do not want to show, It is like an unnecessarily clutter. Is there any setting by which i can hide it?

Re: Remove overhead speed from status bar

I think this feature of uTorrent is by default which would be there until your download has been completed. There is no way by which you can hide that overhead speed and i do not think that it is that much annoying so according to me, You should ignore it and even it does not takes much space on the status bar. And status bar is made for showing the status so that is what it is doing.

Even i have felt that this feature is unnecessary and it does not needs to there always on the status bar. So i hope that there would be somebody who can move it out of status bar. At least there should be some kind of settings provided by the uTorrent to enable or disable it.

Some of the features of any application has these kind of setting that shows you the current status of an application which is running on the background of your system. And this all features are convenient for you as you do not have to open the whole application as you would come to know about your downloading from the status bar itself.

I think there should not be any need of removing an overhead speed from status bar as along with it some other information might not be displayed when it is needed. Actually you cannot just stop overhead speed by displaying on the status bar but if it is possible then you would be able to disable the display on the status bar.