Thread: Random port by default in uTorrent

Random port by default in uTorrent

I have installed windows vista on my operating system and i am using an uTorrent on this system. I have seen that the default port is 32459 so i guess there would huge number of people who would be using this same port and because of which there must be many kind of problems created while downloading. Is there any way by which my uTorrent can use Random port by default.

Re: Random port by default in uTorrent

Yes it is true that the default port in uTorrent is 32459 but i guess now it is possible to have the random changes in the default port. I suggest you to install the latest version of an uTorrent which has a feature which uses random ports by default. It is not okay that everybody uses the same port number because ISPs can throttle it.

Actually you have to select for the port on the first startup of uTorrent but an option to randomize port must be off by default so that it would not be connecting as a same port everytime when you connect. So according to me there should be one option provided which helps you to do such settings by which most of the user would be using different ports and there would be much lesser traffic.

Actually i do not think that an ISP would be throttling the specific ports. Why would any ISP would be throttling the specific ports only for uTorrent. And even if they are throttling for uTorrent then they must do the same with the Bitcomet, Azereus, ABC, Bitornardo, Mainline etc.

For the first time it would not be a problem but if you say for every startup then i guess it would be requiring a reliable uPnP mapping, or a DMZ. According to me, uTorrent should suggest some port numbers to map on their router on the first startup. Is there anybody who can give some better idea about mentioning the default port on the uTorrent.

I do not think that it is possible that your uTorrent will be changing the default port automatically after some interval of time as you may set the default port as per your choice but there no option which makes it uTorrent changing it automatically but yes it does have default port which is always same for everybody.

I do not think so that is it possible to have changing the default port all the time whenever you use your uTorrent. Actually it is possible but if this kind of any feature has been not provided by an uTorrent then there is nothing that you can do. Once you have set the default port then it is not gonna change until and unless you change it manually.