Thread: How to make hash check more faster

How to make hash check more faster

I have installed uTorrent on my xp system and its taking so much of time to check my files. Actually it has been crashed many time when i put all my 150 Gb for checking. Now i have gone frustrated and this torrent client have never checked all of my files. Is there anybody who tell me how can i hash check more faster.

Re: How to make hash check more faster

I think there is nothing with your torrent client as it would be doing hash checking of your files as fast as it can and this checking depends on your hard driver as how fast it can read data. It also depends on the RAM that has been installed on your computer system. Make sure that you are not running any program while checking is happening on your computer which also increases the speed.

Instead of finding the solution for the fast hash checking i would be recommending you to find the cause for the crash which appears on your computer while checking the hash. Actually there would be something lacking from the RAM or some other hardware on your system which is causing the crash when you run any heavy loaded program on your system.

I suggest you to distribute your list for hash checking as such a huge amount of file to checked makes your computer's CPU so busy that it would be crashing the whole program. You should once try to do the same with the some of those files. First start with the 25 Gb and then check that is it completing the task or not if so then you may try for next 30 Gb, By doing this way you would come to know about the maximum size that you can put for hash checking.

I guess you are just starting up the hash check while there are some of the files are currently downloading on your torrent client. I suggest you to complete all the downloads first then you may go further checking the hash for all those files. It might happen that uTorrent would not be able to do these both the task at the same time and as a result it gets crashed.

Actually the size of data which you are taking under hash check is really huge amount of data so it is but obvious that either it will get stuck in between or it might happen that it will be getting done but will be taking very much long time and there is nothing wonder about it. It is natural from my point of view.

I was having the same issue on my uTorrent as it was taking much longer time for checking up my 30 Gb torrent download. But i have been suggested to do one thing, I do not know whether it works or not but i just thought to give the same suggestion to you as well. Actually you have to turn on the graceful shutdown which is in an advanced options. Make bt.graceful_shutdown as true.