Thread: How to Clean the Registry?

How to Clean the Registry?

Actually the problem is that I want to remove my uTorrent application which is not getting properly uninstalled from the Windows XP. One of my friend told me that I can remove it by cleaning the registry of it. He also told me that I have to do it carefully otherwise operating system will crash down. Now I am not aware of registries. So please provide me some information about the cleaning the registries.!! I a expecting some help from your side as early as possible.

Re: How to Clean the Registry?

Windows registry is simply a database, which saves space and list, as an index, the configuration of programs and operating system Microsoft Windows. We all know, a number of materials and programs come with Windows. Their role is to manage the software and profiles, pilot devices, etc. To use them, the computer just needs their data. These data are all stored in the Windows registry. It may very well make some shares on the register, using Windows tools or other more specific. The registry looks complicated but once you understand how it works and its organization, we feel more at ease and you can browse its structure more easily.

Knowing that the registry is the system's structure and that nothing can function without it, it is vital to keep it usable, so stable and 'clean'. Some applications like CCleaner would be useful for you to clean your registries. If you are not having it, then you can download it from the following link :
    CCleaner

Consider an example that we all know. We download a file or installing a program. The data that are stored in the registry, which increases its size and slow reading. We decided one day to delete the file / program, but the configurations thereof, stored in the registry, does not disappear. You do not notice it and one day you realize that the computer is slow or window alarm appear on our screen. Before you get excited and to treat all computer names while promising to forever hate the information, it gathers information and all is explained: The more data in the registry that accrue over this slows the computer use.

To rid the registry of unnecessary entries, simply ask the computer in his language to him, to access the registry. Type c: \ windows \ regedit.exe from the path or click on Start, then Run, and then type 'regedit'. 'Regedit' is the name of the tool that will help clean but CAUTION FRAGILE, do it with caution. Improper handling may indeed corrupt the registry, which causes the non-functioning operating system, and therefore the computer.

Unless you are an expert or sure how to go about it, manually clean is recommended. Indeed, since this is done by the user there is no verification of changed settings. Better to use software designed for this purpose, there are very good, recommended by many users, who are responsible to do the job well and quickly. And even if you are sure you want to manually clean, do at least a backup registry, just in case.