Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Download/upload speed bar (D: O: T:/U: O: T:) in uTorrent

Windows Software

Old 23-06-2010

Download/upload speed bar (D: O: T:/U: O: T:) in uTorrent

I am using windows vista operating system on my computer and have installed an uTorrent 2.0.1 Beta and i want to ask you guys something about this software. What does it mean as D: and O: & the U: and O: in uTorrent? Is there anybody who knows about this.

Old 24-06-2010

Re: Download/upload speed bar (D: O: T:/U: O: T:) in uTorrent

I have searched a bit about this on google and have found that it is for setting up the downloading speed and uploading speed while using an uTorrent on your vista system. D: O: T: means that [D]ownload speed, [O]verhead, [T]otal downloaded and U: O: T means that [u]pload, [O]verhead, [T]otal uploaded. You have to right click to set max upload speed.
Old 24-06-2010

Suppose your uploading speed is 185KB/s then i guess your overhead would be at 25KB/s and i have set it to the 210KB/s so it means that your real upload speed is 185 Kb/s. Overhead is for communicating with the people with which you are connected.
Old 24-06-2010

I would like to tell you that what happens if you turn off net.calc_overhead, actually it hides it. But in fact it is very much useful to show an overhead which has been generated while downloading and uploading. By this you can see the real bandwidth that you are currently using and not just the payload.
Old 24-06-2010

D/U O T means that download/Upload overhead total download or upload which means that it displays that what is the real the download speed or an upload speed over total task. Once you have set this to the maximum then you would be getting the maximum speed while downloading or uploading. You may check your internet bandwidth used by this application.
Old 25-06-2010

D O T means that download overhead total download which in fact means that the total amount of data that you are downloading and the total number of people asking for the same data to download so that particular data gets distributed according to the size of data and number of people asking for that data.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,