Thread: Move completed downloads manually in utorrent

Move completed downloads manually in utorrent

I am facing one problem while using an uTorrent on my xp system. Actually when i manually move the torrent which i have downloaded then i have seen that utorrent can no longer find the file for other users to upload it. So how do i make it visible for others so that they can upload it from my computer ?

Re: Move completed downloads manually in utorrent

I think you have to select for the folder from which people can upload the data from your computer. This should be selected manually and i guess you are not moving the files to the same folder after completing the download. Make sure that the both folders are the same then only people would be able to download the files from your computer which you have just downloaded.

For various reasons, you may want to change your complete file location on your computer while continuing to seeder . This is very easy but you have to do it one by one.
    1 - Stop the torrent you want to move your μtorrent.
    2 - Move your file to the location of your choice.
    3 - In μtorrent , right click on your torrent > Advanced > File.
    4 - Browse and point to where your file is made.
    5 - Start your torrent.

There are dozens of clients ( software that download torrents ) that are facing problems uploading . Seen from the side of the downloader , individually , is not really a problem , what interests me is what he receives and not what he sends. Point of view of complete community is something different.

Actually an uploading thing are taken from the folder which you have selected for an uploading on your uTorrent and if you have selected the whole drive there then i guess it would be better as all the data from that drive will get uploaded.

Check that where you are moving your files after downloading and what is the source for uploading.

I think there would be an option provided by which you can you can move all the torrents that has been completed to the specific folder. Go to the preferences and then check for the "Move completed downloads to" where you have to select the folder where completed files should go. But if you want to share these files then you have to select the folder which has been selected in an upload.