Thread: WinRAR integration in uTorrent (Need expert help)

WinRAR integration in uTorrent (Need expert help)

I have downloaded many games with the help of uTorrent, that is the most famous torrent downloading application. I have found out most of the games are compressed that is in the form of RAR files. So, I think that it will be better if there was WinRAR integration in uTorrent. This would help to extract the files automatically when uTorrent is open. No need to start the WinRAR program explicitly. I guess that there is a need for expert help in this case.

Re: WinRAR integration in uTorrent (Need expert help)

You really need some expert help for the WinRAR integration in uTorrent. Anyways, there are some other shortcuts in uTorrent. I think they can help you if you are not aware of the same. I have mentioned them below:
    • %F - Shows the name of Downloaded File
    • %D - Gives the directory where files are saved
    • %N - Produces the Title of torrent

You will have to use the above commands in the section of Run Program.

I support your idea about the WinRAR integration in uTorrent. It must be done in a manner such that the application can be called from the command line. Well, you can request for this new feature from the officials. Mention the benefits that will be obtained by the uTorrent users if this application is included in the particular application. Contact them in any official form like mails. They will respond to you soon regarding the decision about including this application.

I dont think that launching WinRAR is that time consuming after closing uTorrent. It hardly takes time. WinRAR is a very small application that does the extraction is small amount of time. As mentioned in the above post, if the request if accepted by the officials, then they will release a new application that has the WinRAR integration in uTorrent. We can just hope for the best.

I will be reporting about the feature that I want to the officials via mail soon. I hope that there will be people supporting me, if they ask for the a poll related to adding this feature in uTorrent. Anyways, thanks for all the replies and suggestions that you guys have given. Thanks for the same. They were very helpful. I hope to get such help in the future too, so that i can rely on this forums for any help.

Yes, you will get all the required support as this is a good thinking to merge such a feature with uTorrent. Well, as the people here are so co-operative, I guess that all of them will support for the same. Anyways, lets hope for the best. Just let us know after you have posted a request to the officials.