Thread: How to uninstall uTorrent version 2.02

How to uninstall uTorrent version 2.02

Please help me in solving this small issue with uTorrent installed on the computer. I am very new to computers and hence I am not able to solve this on my own. A friend of mine had installed uTorrent on my computer which I used for downloading various torrent files on the computer. The application worked properly but I am facing some problems after updating the application. The download speed in the new version is very less and hence I want to know how to uninstall uTorrent 2.02 from the computer. Any help regarding this issue is more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to uninstall uTorrent version 2.02

As you have recently updated the version of the utorrent on the computer, the application must not be configured and hence the download speed is slow. You will have to configure the uTorrent application as updating the application changes all the settings which were configured before. Refer the configuration support file on the official website of uTorrent and configure the uTorrent as per the settings. Check the performance of the application after configuration.

Sometimes when any application is updated, all the files of the application does not get replaced by the new files which could lead to the problem which are similar to the one you are facing. To remove the application from the computer, click on start menu and open the control panel. In the control panel, click on Add/remove program and then remove uTorrent. Let the procedure complete. Restart the computer and see if the application is removed from the computer or not.

Thanks for suggesting the steps for uninstallation of uTorrent from the computer. I followed all the steps which were suggested and then installed the earlier version of uTorrent on the computer but after installation is complete, the version is upgraded to version 2.02 automatically. Hence I think the previous version was not removed completely from the computer. So how do I completely remove uTorrent from the computer?

The updated files and keys must be still there on the computer which are updating the version of uTorrent automatically. To solve this problem, you can uninstall the uTorrent from the computer as suggested earlier and then delete all the files/keys from the computer which are related to the uTorrent application. When all the files and keys of the application are removed, then reinstall the application.

It is possible that the ISP has limited the download speed for the torrent and hence you are getting low download speed. Many ISP's limit the download speed for torrent applications for implementing a fair usage policy. Hence first confirm with your ISP if they have limited the connection speed for torrent application.

I uninstalled the application and deleted all the files related to it. After Deleting all the files and keys related to uTorrent and installing the application, really helped in solving the problem. Thanks for helping out.