Thread: Block utorrent ports

Block utorrent ports

Hello,
    I have a small network with three computer which go through a router to the internet. Now I would like to take a computer on which utorrent sometimes running, the ports to block that utorrent to download anything and can upload anything. What should I do now? Any more help regarding this is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Block utorrent ports

Why do not you just finish the download with uTorrent? Otherwise would have in the manual of the D-Link are like and whether you can explicitly ports and / or block websites.

You'd have to close almost all ports except those for the standard, eg. 80 for http. As the person with the utorrent ports easily change, if one can be or you lock the program completely. Changing the ports is easy for D-Link, you walk on the interface and then click on advanced applications, since all can allow, or block.

About Port 80 communicates a computer with a Web server. However, only on port 80 of the server, not on port 80 of your own computer. So, if not exactly its own Web server is running On a Windows client, port is 80 close anyway. Do you have a router? If so, it needs to enter the ports in the router free, otherwise they do to halt.

I have now tried with the ports blocked on a computer. Because nothing goes with torrents, at least, as I switched off all still with me, I want to know at all. Port for the incoming connection: 41568, which is in utorrent, but what does this port? The interface with> Advanced Application is not that the right thing, since I have three computers and block only certain ports on a PC, to your heart just wants to. In Application, I can not specify the IP of the computer in the network.

Normally, no incoming ports open as long as they are not explicitly required. And I know the routers are also configured. Then all of the programs actually run the worse ("Low ID" etc.), but they can still exchange data. In order to block all traffic can be naturally close and outgoing ports. But ultimately it is the extreme case in addition to block everything and the Internet for those completely paralyze, even if most P2P programs anyway recommend a port less than 1000. The port specification in the program actually means only the ports on the client waits for incoming connections (which the router does not pass through when the firewall / man the port has not been released). Send it usually does on the port which it notifies the other client.

Maybe you can reinstall but also more than the Thread will. A question about port lock, without a reference is made to time, for me, somehow no one could answer the question with the scheduler. What it intends Simple Man I do not know, I can tell him but what he could possibly make. If I understand it wrong that's not my problem.