Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

installshield "Object reference not set" problem

Windows Software

Old 22-06-2010

installshield "Object reference not set" problem

Hi everybody,
I recently tried to install a game. 2 minuntes the installshield wizard starts, it shuts down with the error "Object reference is not set".
I did some research and found this:

i followed the instructions given (for version 11), and when i tried to install the downloaded file, the installation just crushed (Setup.exe has stopped working, so annoying )

im using windows 7 32bit. every installation i tried worked so far. the game is not corrupt, because ive installed it before several times. i also tried to re download the game - same problem.

thanks in advance,
Ben

Last edited by Maqbool : 22-06-2010 at 05:40 PM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.
Old 23-06-2010

Re: installshield "Object reference not set" problem

Which game are you trying to install? What is your computer specifications? Try to do the following suggestions given to fix the issue:

Click Start and then click Run.
In the Run dialog box, type the following command, and then click OK:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\gacutil /i C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\Primary Interop Assemblies\adodb.dll

More information here.
Old 23-06-2010

hi and thanks for your reply,
the game im trying to install is The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion.
my computer is way over the specification of that game, and i already installed it on the same computer before (but i formatted it since then )
i think im not clearly understand what you wanted me to run, i copied the line and pasted it in the Start-Run dialog, and it sais that "Windows cannot find ..."
also the link you provided seems to be broken.

thanks again for helping me, looking forward to your reply
Old 23-06-2010

Sorry, the link is here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810098

There is another work around to this problem, you must avoid using XML attribute characters that are not valid. Do not use the "#" character and the "&" character in the project path.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894438
Old 23-06-2010

ok, these links are working, but i still cant get that start-run line work.
also, im not sure how relevant the second link is for me (the setup is from a disc )

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,