Thread: uTorrent 2.0 is SLOW

uTorrent 2.0 is SLOW

Ever since I have done an upgradation of the operating system from Windows Vista to Windows 7, I am facing a serious issue with the torrent application that I am using. The problem is that uTorrent 2.0 is SLOW. I am not able to understand why this is happening. This application loads slowly and even the download speed is very slow.

I need suitable suggestions to get rid of this situation that is not allowing me to do any torrent downloads in my system.

Re: uTorrent 2.0 is SLOW

According to me, there is a need to run the hardware and software evaluation tool in your system and thus, check out if the application is compatible with the operating system or not. There is a possibility that uTorrent 2.0 is SLOW because of an incompatibility issue. If this application is shown as incompatible, then you will have to use any other alternative that is available in the market.

Are you selecting the proper torrent files that are having good number of seedings? If not, then this is why uTorrent 2.0 is SLOW and giving you slow downloads. Make sure that you select the correct torrent files for downloading. Otherwise, the download may never complete.

If the application is loading slowly, then there may be several other processes and programs running in the background. Stop all of them before you start uTorrent. This will help you to solve your issue.

If the situation that uTorrent 2.0 is SLOW is being caused because of some incompatibility issue between the operating system and the application, then there is no need to worry. This is because it can be resolved with the help of the compatibility mode, that sets the application or program in the environment of the operating system that it supports. So, you can set it accordingly like Windows XP mode or Windows Vista mode and so on.

There are many applications and programs that are incompatible with the Windows 7 operating system. They work perfectly fine in the older versions of Windows. Since, they have such problems, compatibility tools have been provided to them. Such tools are to be installed before the particular application or program is installed. This will do all the settings that are required for the application or program to run properly in the system.

Windows 7 utilizes a lot of system resources. This is the main reason why uTorrent 2.0 is SLOW. Close all the applications and programs before starting this particular torrent application. The built-in gadgets must also be closed because they use up the resources unnecessarily. The graphical theme that Windows 7 provides must also be stopped. Switch to the Aero theme. This will eradicate the situation that you are facing.

alexdwsn12 Guest

Yes, you are right. I use Windows 7 64-bit and there is no problem with uTorrent 2.0 because i close other application when i open uTorrent 2.0. But there is no problem with uTorrent 2.0. So do not think more about it. It is nice.