Thread: Move files command

Move files command

I was hoping that uTorrent would be included with move files command. This is because many of the users have problems after the download is done. The issues are as follows:
    • After seeding is done, files are to be moved.
    • When torrent is deleted, the files must be moved to a selected folder.

There must be an option for doing the same. If there is already a feature for doing the same, then kindly reply because I was not able to find it.

Re: Move files command

In uTorrent, there is already a move files command available. This is actually the option saying Move completed downloads to. But, there is option is not that useful. This is because the downloaded files cannot be moved even after the download is done. The reason for this is simple. The seeding is still going on. So, they can only be moved after the seeding is done. So, it is completely useless.

I have done a research on this move files command. You can follow the steps given below to go about with the same:
    1. The torrent that has been completed has to be identified.
    2. After that, its name has to be looked for in the General Tab.
    3. You will have to find file/dir in the explorer.
    4. Now, you will have to drag it in the finished directory.
    5. You can now go to uTorrent and delete the torrent that is there. So, you will not have to wait until the seeding is done.

There is a way to get the move files command in the uTorrent application. You will have to mention about this feature to the officials including the usage to them. Send them a mail or contact them in some other official manner. If they think that the feature that you are talking about will benefit its torrent application users, then they will respond to your mail. Soon, a new version with this feature will be released.

I observed the research done by ZeDaX regarding the move files command. Well, they are perfect for the operation that needs to be performed. Well, according to me a step has to be included at the end. All the 5 steps given are to be repeated 39 times again, if there are about a complete 200 operations. This is a very useful technique shared here. Special regards to ZeDaX.

The suggestion provided by ZeDaX and Raine were very helpful for me to work out with the Move files command. I have tried out the same and to my surprise, they worked out for me. Anyways, I want to thank all you guys for helping me with the technique that I was trying to work out with. I hope to get such help in the future for any problem that will be encountered.

You will get the required help on any problem or information as soon as possible as you have got till now. The members on this forums are co-operative from quite a long time. This is why members come on these forums seeking for any help on problems or any particular information. Anyways, waiting for your further queries and problems.