Thread: Running uTorrent messes up computer, requires Hard Restart

Running uTorrent messes up computer, requires Hard Restart

Well, uTorrent going proper but not in the same way after I start downloading of any torrents... Complete computer gets insanely slow and even quiting from programs becomes complex and seems impossible because of the current performance of the machine . I though that I can solve this after making a restart and I am forced to hard restart the computer but again the same thing happened .

Re: Running uTorrent messes up computer, requires Hard Restart

I am running with the same issue in order to this way. After starting the uTorrent on for awhile downloading and seeding (say, overnight) I wake up and suddenly got unable to launch any of the program installed on my system and unable to restart without going through a hard reboot with the reset button on my computer system. I figured out that it is not a hardware issue and narrowed it down to uTorrent. I will go through the steps in the suggestion above and see if it can fix the problem.

Would you tell me the basic configuration of your computer system . How much RAM do you have currently . It is possible that your machine has maxxed out memory and is forced to user hard disk cache (pagefile) Excessive pagefile usage in combination with HD retrieve from uTorrent could occur the performance as you have explained . If you are running with a slow harddrive or spyware and bloatware on your machine then they could also contribute to your issue . If you open the task manager and got physical memory at anything past 85 percent then you should mostly consider about either terminating some programs down or adding more RAM memory . If your CPU is running at 85 check what program it is and that's what you require to deal with first.

Are you running with the proxy server or not? I am sure that from trial and error some proxy server got hanged my machine forcing hard restart in case, if your are using a proxy check to be sure that it is not flooding your connection causing memory leakage. You checked the hardware efficiency but did you make sure that it was not your operating system that was the cause of the issue ? Since you didn't explained that what your operating system makes it hard to know if there isn't a damaged files causing the issue.

Fine, after going through the guidance below, the problem still as same condition . It only happens after skipping uTorrent running for quite awhile. I do have some years of experience with having spyware, adware, bloatware off my computer system so there is no big deal here. I have checked before and when it does this nothing shows to be consuming up the RAM or CPU cycles. I got 8GB RAM by the way. I am thinking to try with another torrent client to get to see that if it causes the problem as well. At least that way I will know if it's properly isolated to uTorrent.