Thread: Peer Guardian effective?

Peer Guardian effective?

I have been working with the utorrent near about five months now and found it to be the much better and most straightforward client which I have yet worked with earlier . I moved through the suggestions and have successfully finished the port forwarding and firewall exceptions, which have performed well. I have installed the AVG free version and was wondering whether I should perhaps put exceptions in those in same way. I don't have any idea about the procedure to do this though. As well as, I have got a lot about the effectiveness of programs life Peer Guardian, some of the users say that they are not related and others say that they are essential. I have downloaded this once and this was a bit more confusing for a freshers just as me.

Thanks

Re: Peer Guardian effective?

The only thing is that a blocklist is always helpful for blocking the hostile peers and that's only better and if you are aware about the peers are hostile. Peer Guardian's are related with the blocklists (from BlueTack) block a large number of dynamic IPs on major ISPs. If these were ever hostiles, they almost specifically aren't currently ..They are likely some average Joe who is running with one of those IPs now. And you would be blocking him. If you are actually unlucky then you could be in one of those IP ranges.

I am a fresher guys for this and need to know something about the peer guardian. I performed the installation of this and moved onto kazaa and it has indeed blocked IPs. But I have to ask something . What are these blocked ip's trying to perform? Are they just pinging for my IP address? Do they try to hack my machine and find what files are stored on to my drives? Do they try and retrieve my shared files folder? Once, they get into your machine what do they get and then what do they do with what ever information they get?

Peer guardian works by blocking limitations of IP's which are known to be unsafe. Based on what you got, either they are trying to establish a connection with you or you are go for the connection with them. It secures in ranges of P2P (addresses not better for P2P since they are logged or they are RIAA/MPAA spy IP's) and different like Ads etc. It is usually them trying to enter into your system because you have something they need to access or maybe you are connecting to them to try and access some components that you need . But whatever is blocked, is good blocked just for security purpose. The limitations are labeled with the name specified , which I don't always consider is of an perfect representation of that netblock, but it actually doesn't matter in the end because it's functioning as intended.

Thanks to looking at my problem and such a faithful suggestion..So they are trying to access your computer files rather than just get your IP address ? Is this legal for them to try and crack into your machine ? If not then how can any evidence they have against you fired up if this was gained in invalid manner ?And what the hell is the US navy doing trying to access into my machine ?

Please consider one thing that is necessary for you if you are working with the filesharing - it is allowing the users to get the files (That is the point regarding the filesharing) or if you are getting websites which you are establishing physical connections to different machines. Peer guardian shows SOCKET OPENS - Indicating that a connection was attempted. I don't think that they are cracking in unless you are performing nothing wile being attacked and it is against probably ISP's specifications - hence illegal.