Thread: Flash Player 10 Installation - Error: Failed to Register

Flash Player 10 Installation - Error: Failed to Register

I am having some problems when trying to install this on my machine. That's the error stated in the title that I get when I was installing the Flash Player 10 through the Internet Explorer 7 (I had to delete the IE 8 because of the compatibility errors). I also had to destroy out the Flash Player completely (since that's what it suggests me in the troubleshoot) and re-installed this for FireFox. But for Internet Explorer 7, it gave me this error.

Re: Flash Player 10 Installation - Error: Failed to Register

I am also running with the same issue here and getting unable to solve it myself. I am running with windows XP Pro SP3, trying to install Flash version 10. The error message is as follows -

Error: failed to register.

I have done the following to sort out this issues :
    1-Executed the Disk Cleanup to minimize old temp file
    2-Launched Adobe Flash uninstaller
    3-Made disable the Anti-Virus and Anti-spyware (for Reference wiht the help of AVG Anti-Virus
    4-Moved through the guidelines provided by the adobe..

I found the fix for such issue.I had IE 8 and have done the uninstallation of that and moved to the Windows Update screen and blocked this from reinstalling that again (at least for current). I have tried to install the flash but it still "failed to register".

Followed the guidelines stated on the site to download both a tools from MS, and one more from adobe... putting them both in the same directory to start the procedure. Just make sure when unzipping the files from the zip file from Adobe, because zip will, by default, make a subdirectories. You don't need the subdirectories. You require them both in the same directory as this article guides .

Fine ,According to me, this is occurred by the windows internal operating control. Just turns out , this is the registry key error or something to do with Registering. Also, the file that continuously being unable to register is Flash10b.ocx. Issues is that when I move to the directory, it's not there; hence why it cannot be registered. Also, I would rather not mess with the SubInACL, as it can cause corrupted if used within the improper manner ...