Thread: Post 2.0.2 upgrade: Connection Closed by Peer errors. Help ?

Post 2.0.2 upgrade: Connection Closed by Peer errors. Help ?

I was just updating to 2.0.2 after release and within that procedure , I haven't been capable to download any stuff like that. The downloads which was continuously at progress suddenly stopped. Interestingly enough, they still display peers and seeds but connection indicated as 0 connections. I have been struggling with this for some weeks now and I am just about to give up. If anybody can help me then I would be grateful.

Re: Post 2.0.2 upgrade: Connection Closed by Peer errors. Help ?

The recent release of uTorrent is going very well for me and I am working it in Wine on Linux. I am clueless if it's the issue of windows , since I haven't used this in near about nine years. I didn't downloaded anything private torrents, so unable to help with that problem, if you qare runnign with one. Contact the forum of that site where you received the torrent file, if they have single.

I am running precisely the similar issue. uTorrent 2.0,2 is suggesting me everything is well and dandy but not connecting to any peers or seeds and it is not downloading anymore. Ports are forwarded, firewalls configured and I have been downloading well with the portable version of utorrent 1.8.5, so I am sure that this is not a network problem and I have checked this using well seeded public linux images, so I know it is not a seed or tracker issue. uTorrent 1.9.something performed, but since I did the upgrade to 2.0 installed utorrent easily doesn't connect to anything. I have perform the proper reinstallation as well as upgrade installs, and nothing. Any help would be appreciated !!!!

This is the same issue here, I have tried everything but latest torrents don't seed. Network testing moved successfully, I have tried to replace almost every applicable parameters, disabled firewall and antivirus,even I have tested the router,tried changing user agent by hex-editing the unpacked torrent.exe, but I continuously receiving these errors in log format :

[2010-06-05 11:01:46] x.x.x.x:559(xxxxxxx.pdf): Disconnect: Connection closed
    [2010-06-05 11:01:55] x.x.x.x:559(xxxxxxx.pdf): Disconnect: Peer error: offline (timed out)

I am seeding some files near about 20 days, not even one pretty connection. I always with the 4-5 peers in queue waiting to download. I gone through the suggestions in almost every guide on the net, I have tried every advice from different sources.

I have had the similar issue here ... The uTorrent prompted me for an update procedure . I told "Yes"... Updated to 2.0.2 and currently every arrow is in the read. There is nothing uploading,downloading anymore..

I have tried to work with different p2p programs such as Vuze and ABC-Bit Torrent to get if the issue was directly associated with the uTorrent or not. Neither of these worked. So I tried to find the issue and got that it may have been a firewall error. In fact, when I check the performance/speed test guidelines in the Preferences plane then I have just found the below results:

"Speed Test Failed/ Port is Not Open"

-So then after I moved through the Port Forwarding guides... to the "T"....And after all nothing .

Bret_heart, Which one firewalls and anti virus stuff do you have installed? They're commonly blocking uTorrent.

You need to remove entire firewall-associated entries about uTorrent and retry. You should make disable the firewall and anti virus and that wouldn't work...you need to perform the uninstallation of them and remove their uTorrent-blocking influences.