Thread: Advantages of utorrent WebUI

Advantages of utorrent WebUI

Hello,
    I am using utorrent as the default download manager that is the default torrent client for my work. Now I have heard that it can be used remotely. How can I do that. The only thing I have heard about it is the web UI, what are the advantages of the web UI. Also, if you know how to set up the web UI, then please let me know. Thank you.

Re: Advantages of utorrent WebUI

The uTorrent client for peer-to-peer file sharing on PCs used. You can configure uTorrent through the user interface, as you can with most software applications. However, uTorrent and configured to be managed via a browser-based interface. For example, you can add or remove torrents from the queue and show or hide the toolbar, utorrent, torrents detail area and category list. You need to configure uTorrent by the regular user interface before you can access the uTorrent WebUI.

1st Click the Options link in the menu bar uTorrent then click "Settings" from the drop-down menu. This opens the Preferences window.

2nd Click the "Web UI" link in the left navigation pane of the Preferences window. This page is from the right to deliver content to the web interface page.

3rd check box next to "Enable Web interface to check Enable." Configure additional settings that you want, such as a username and password and click the Apply button.

4th Click on the "OK" to the Preferences window.

5th Type the following the address bar of your Web browser in one, with the actual IP address for "yourip" and the port to uTorrent to connect to the Internet for "yourport"
    http://yourip: yourport / gui /
    Thus the uTorrent Web UI and the process is complete.

Advantages:
    Now, the first PC on which utorrent is running, are controlled by another PC on the network or even from any PC on the Internet (only with fixed IP address)!

Disadvantages:
    The WebUI is still in beta, but works most easily. Except to the Internet Explorer 6, which is no longer supported. Who has not yet switched to Firefox, it should consider or at least use the portable version of Firefox.

About the remote control uTorrent I heard, but interested in the question as the following: Are there programs that can help you manage uTorrent, but Is not a browser, but a separate program running on a protocol WebUI, so that would stick you can put an and to know that it is always at hand. There are gadgets for Vista Sidebar and Vista Sidebar for XP, although in the direction. In general, need a fully independent program management uTorrent WebUI protocol. Any discussion on this topic is appreciated. Thank you.

To take control μTorrent from a remote machine, monitor the progress of downloads, add a tracker, etc.. this is what the plugin offers μTorrent WebUI which faithfully reproduces the software interface and makes it accessible from anywhere on the web. Once unzipped the archive containing μTorrent WebUI Beta and 1.6.1, replace your current version of the program (no installation) and copy the new file. WebUI zip container (without the extract) in C: \ Documents and Settings \ [USER] \ Application Data \ uTorrent. In uTorrent preferences> Advanced> WebUI plugin, activate it, set a username and password and write or find the listening port (eg 1234).