Thread: Using uTorrent 2.0 with It's Hidden VPN

Using uTorrent 2.0 with It's Hidden VPN

I have been working with uTorrent for some time and also using now but I am a new guy for the VPN . I have started working with it's Hidden (itshidden . com) VPN servers to anonymize my web surfing. As suggested at the It's Hidden web site, I configured up the VPN in my Windows XP Home SP3 and connected. I investigates at different DNS information sites suggested that the IP address they were geting was one allocated by It's Hidden, not by my ISP.

Without any configurations to uTorrent 2's or my router's settings including port forwarding, uTorrent shows to be operating in common manner . My question is, within these situations , is uTorrent using the VPN? Is my torrenting as anonymous as my web surfing?

Re: Using uTorrent 2.0 with It's Hidden VPN

There is very easy answer for this very question : Yes..Not only about me, my friends are also the user of this one site and I am also in the same way,primarily because its not the software dependent so there is no hidden agendas there, and commonly what it does is to Establishment of entire connections from your computer system will be diverted to the itshidden servers before being transferred to their intended location..

Thanks for your replies You have suggested me confidential information to work with the ItsHidden. However, I have run into an problem working with it. Because of some causes, while using it for torrent downloads, either Its Hidden or more likely my ISP provider is reconfiguring the WAN connection. The evaluation is that at some point, unless I am careful and notice, the PC would be revert back to the special non-VPN network connection.

This is actually not a uTorrent problem but I think, I would include this here for those uTorrent users which might be thinking about Its Hidden. Note: I bought a one month premium Its Hidden membership so this problem is not just a consequence of going with the free membership.

I am having the same issue here . I use Relakks to anonymize my downloads but from some times , I suddenly disconnected from VPN and never allows to reconnect again . During this point of time, I am visible and traceable.

Does someone here have any idea if I can tell utorrent to download only if the vpn is activated ? Alternatively, is there a windows power shell expert able to provide me a script to terminate the utorrent when the VPN goes down? I can only program within the linux shell..

You should go with a better VPN provider with ultiple servers, relakks is not stable (much fine) and it's only PPTP. There are some VPN providers facilitates remote port forwarding with the OpenVPN client , this is the proper method .

I have been manipulating a lot with the ItsHidden free account these days . According to me,the free accounts are automatically disconnected after near about 20 or more than that of activity. I think there is something that ItsHidden is performing and not an ISP.

My manipulations shown that once ItsHidden VPN would be disconnected then my regular Internet connection continues and uTorrent will catch up right where it left off. Only now, All the downloads and uploads are completely visible and able to track back to my IP address given by my ISP that seems not good.I am unable to get any way that uTorrent can be configured to just use the ItsHidden VPN connection.