Thread: Error:the process cannot access the file

Error:the process cannot access the file

Guys ! I received this one error message as follows :-

"Error:the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"
    I am getting this one message quickly after every interaction between client and tracker. And I have no clue what so ever why it is going on ? Anyone have any suggestion how to minimize such issue or fix it completely .I have tried to remove the utorrent configurations and downloaded the torrent again but there is no luck at all. It downloads for a some second and then I get this error message .

Re: Error:the process cannot access the file

I bought a new system installed with Windows Vista. After completing the 99% of my download attempts when working with the Utorrent, I receive the error message as follows -

"Error: Access Denied" / "Error: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

I have read the information suggested in the FAQ page on Utorrents site, but I am not getting anything there . (I am not too crash warm working on system !) So, I am trying to move this single steps once a time and I deleted the Google Desktop using the uninstall function in the Control Panel. It seemed to delete fine but I was still receiving the same error message in Utorrent when trying to download music. Any help getting me back up and working properly on Utorrent would be massively appreciated!!!!

Thank you..

This issue occurs on a system that is already installed with the Microsoft IIS 6.0. This issue also occurs on a system which is running with both Microsoft IIS 7.0 and Windows Vista. in order to this , the below suggested two events may be logged in the System event log on the Microsoft Windows Server 2003-installed system which is running IIS:

1-Event Source: W3SVC
    Event ID: 1004
    2-Event Source: HTTP
    Event ID: 15005

The issue of course was with the incorrect management of indexing but not with any of the programmes anyonr else suggested.. I am not moving to make disable 1/2 of my system to run with the uTorrent - I switched indexing off for Google but after that there's no effect at all and then I remembered ..

I am working with my Dell box.. Dell automatically configures you up with a unmannered way and useless Dell Media Manager thing - It placed within my system tray and I have always just avoided this because I don't use it.. I don't like this. I opened it and get to see that it was looking for new one media and this wouldn't allow me to turn of the WATCH mode for my uTorrent directory..but after all.there is no any issues like that.. I switched off entire watching and got rid of this ... issue has been fixed now ..

Somebody have any idea about this problem and how would you make the fix as I have been messing around with this for ages,

After configuring up my new m/c I continuously getting this error message in the Utorrent. I was previously running with the google desktop or toolbar or whichever thing that I have loaded on my new Dell m/c also a whole load of Roxio crap. I moved through all the guidelines and removed this all, but what about the Dell Media Manager stuff ? - where is it and why ? - I am unable to get this in my system tray?

Ashlee_Techi,move into your anti-virus/malware components. It's mostly trying to scan the file while this is downloading and restricting your file. You can go with the following way to troubleshoot the problem :

1. Make an exception for the directory that your are downloading..
    2. Disable any realtime scanning properties.
    3. Disable the anti-virus properly.
    4. Now, uninstall your anti-virus.

Just consider one thing that always scan your incoming files after they finish.