Thread: T61 resuming after being put to sleep

T61 resuming after being put to sleep

I have been using a lenovo t61 laptop which is running with windows XP. Actually i am having a problem which is quiet weird. My stand by or sleep mode is not working properly because My lenovo T61 resuming automatically after being put to sleep are their some possibilities of a hardware failure or i am missing something how to get this problem solved please tell me i would appreciate your help.

Re: T61 resuming after being put to sleep

Follow the instructions which are laid below:

1. Menu -> Control Panel -> Power Options .
    2. Click on "Change settings of this mode for energy conservation plan currently used.
    3. Click on "Change advanced power settings" .
    4. Expand the "USB Settings" -> "Setting the USB selective suspend" .
    5. Select "Enabled" for the selected mode.
    6. Deploy the "Multimedia Settings" -> "When sharing media files".
    7. Choose "Allow the computer to pause" for the selected mode.

Go to the Control Panel and select the Performance and Maintenance option and there click on the Power Options. open the 'hibernation' Tab check box to activate the standby mode'. You can also set options in the Advance tab. Regarding the termination of the monitor is useful on a CRT, discontinuation of HD on a laptop working on battery. That should move your problem. All the best

On newer computers, this will not pose much problem, but if it's a notebook that was 2 or 3 years, place it on the hard disk can be limited. It is therefore possible to completely disable the option of hibernation to recover hundreds of megabytes on the system partition already full by Windows 7.

To disable hibernation, and at the same time, the standby hybrid, it will type the command:

powercfg-h off.

The file "hyberfil.sys" will be removed from the hard drive.

To reactivate the hibernation command will be almost identical:

powercfg-h it.

Probably this is because some of your system files have been corrupted and hence the error so i would suggest you to go for a system repair all that you need to do is insert the windows XP CD in your computer and then on the blue welcome screen when it prompts like to repair the current windows press R. Simply press R and the corrupt files will be repaired. Hope that this will help you to get this whole issue resolved.
    Last edited by Maxforu; 20-06-2010 at 12:16 AM.

I have a similar concern, both on my HP laptop Windows 7, and on my Dell desktop PC. During the "wake" the computer freezes. The mouse moves a little and then settles. Only solution: to disconnect and remove the battery for the laptop. (Wild way, of course ...). I contacted Microsoft who asked me a series of handling so complex I dropped. I disabled the paused (not very sustainable, but hey ..) hoping one day a patch of Windows.

Your PC is blocked or is only the screen goes black. Windows can run a screen saver after a certain time inactivity (you choose yourself), by cons in power management, there is a parameter to regulate the extinction of the screen (you can delay settle) and in this case the screen goes black although screen saver is active. There is also this type of settings in the Bios.