Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T410i Recovery Media Problem

Lenovo ThinkPad T410i Recovery Media Problem

I am using windows xp operating system on my Lenovo ThinkPad T410i and i am facing some problem while creating Recovery Media when i double click on the on it. It says that C:\Recovery\WindowsRE\winRE.wim missing. I have chatted with the Lenovo's guy and he says that it is a Lenovo Recovery Media problem. Is there anybody having the same problem?
    Thanks for the solutions!!!

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T410i Recovery Media Problem

I have searched a bit about the Creating the Recovery Media for your windows xp system on the Lenovo's website and have found that there are many options provided to create the recovery CD for different types of windows operating system which also includes the windows XP operating system. So now you just have to redirect with the Lenovo's web site.

Media Recovery Wizard is works with all kinds of flash media cards, USB drives, hard drives, CD and DVD media. Don’t have a flash card reader? Just plug your camera or MP3 player directly via a USB cord, and Media Recovery Wizard will be able to recover multimedia files! Compact and SLR digital cameras, hard drives, floppy disks, Zip, Jazz, and all sorts of USB flash memory drives are supported along with a number of memory cards formatted to FAT or NTFS, including Smart Media, Memory Stick, Compact Flash, MicroDrive, Secure Digital (SD), xD Picture Card, MMC, and the miniature miniSD and microSD cards.

Use the following steps to create recovery discs for the preloaded version of Windows Vista installed on your system:
    1. Click Start, select All Programs, select ThinkVantage, then click Create Rescue and Recovery Media.
    2. Select Create a set of Product Recovery discs now.
    3. Verify the correct recordable drive is selected and click OK.
    4. To verify the recovery discs were created successfully, repeat step one and verify the following text appears in the Recovery Discs section:

You have already created a set of Product Recovery discs. The Microsoft(R) license for your operating system permits you to create one set of Product Recovery discs. If your Product Recovery discs have been lost, stolen or damaged, contact your local Support Center for assistance.

I think some files has been missed while installing the Think Vantage on your xp computer system. Actually there would be some files missed from the section Create Rescue and Recovery Media. I suggest you to reinstall the same software on your system and then see that the same problem is persisting or not.

Here i have provided the steps by which you can start the destination computer to verify that the recovery tool can be started.
    1. Remove an USB drives & CD-ROM.
    2. Switch on the destination computer.
    3. Go to the Start menu and then open Control Panel. Now click on the System and Security where you have to open Backup and Restore. Now go to the Recover system settings.
    4. Switch to an Advanced recovery methods and choose for Reinstall Windows.
    5. Follow an instructions.
    6. Make sure that the computer boots in Windows RE. Then system will reinstall Windows by using an image which you have placed in the recovery partition. You would be having an option to restore other files you have backed up after completing an installation.

Lenovo's ThinkVantage Technologies provide support and enablement of image creation and ongoing image management; system migration and deployment assistance; support of PC users and disposal of PCs in a way that protects sensitive company and customer data.