Thread: Camtasia 6 disabled Windows 7 internal speakers

Camtasia 6 disabled Windows 7 internal speakers

Installed Camtasia 6 on windows 7. Now my speakers on my laptop don't work

Laptop: Lenovo T500. Have tried updating drivers from Lenovo & that didn't resolve the problem.

Any clues what to do with Camtasia? Techsmith website offers no clues or ideas.

Re: Camtasia 6 disabled Windows 7 internal speakers

You can try out following setting here. First open up control panel and then go on Audio Devices. Here check that nothing is disabled or volume is low. Then you can look on system track there is small audio button. Click on in and check your volume. If this does not work then right click on My computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager. In this look for audio device and right click on that. Update the drivers back.

Thanks for the advice. Some of this doesn't quite fit with Windows 7, but I was able to get to the Device Manager.

The speaker volume is at 100%. The speaker mute icon is *not* enabled.

The problem occurred after installing Camtasia. Prior to that it worked fine.

I downloaded and installed the latest driver from Lenovo. I've uninstalled all audio drivers and rebooted, then installed the new driver and rebooted.

The speakers on the laptop still no longer work. I don't know what the issue is, but it's something with Camtasia and Windows 7.

Techsmith has been completely unhelpful.

Microsoft says "well, it should work."

IBM/Lenovo tell me to install the drivers again.

It kinda is bad that a program (Camtasia) that's designed to support audio/video disables my speakers. I think that would be something they'd check.

It seems that many users have faced similar issue with Camtasia 6 and Windows 7 and there are many solutions available to solve this issue. You could try installing QuickTime player first then install Camtasia Studio. You can also watch a video on how to solve speaker issue with Camtasia Studio from here. Just select the Input that goes along with your soundcard (in this case, Realtek HD Audio Input is indeed the correct one), and if it can, Camtasia Studio will pick out the speaker audio when you enable the Speaker Audio option.

I truly appreciate the quick response.

I have updated the driver over and over, de-installed it and tried again and again. It doesn't do anything.

I will need to wait until Monday to try installing Quicktime first and then Camtasia 6 - the software is on a corporate server & I need the license key to install it.

It's beyond weird how something is causing this problem and no one - Lenovo, Microsoft, or Camtasia - seems to have any interest in solving it. I especially don't understand how Camtasia - which is the cause of this - isn't responding.

This looks like some codec issue on your laptop after installing the audio software. Some software needs proper codec support to play audio files. For that I will recommend you to download VLC Media player and then play some songs in that. You can also try Klite Codec pack which is much more help. If still the problem persist then remove the software first and try to re-install the speakers.